The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is how I remember how the slope runs on SH2 and SH1. One has to keep that in mind so to maximise the use of gravity, and then run counter to the slope to mix it up interms of protecting against erosion and helping the rider spool off speed in prep for the next section/obstacle/whatever..

post-6789-008908400 1282849901.jpg

I dunno which mine are,,, theyre just solid red with white and red strap. pretty understated. but cool! I never met the rep.. hehe. Mi girlfriend got them for me as a suprise.

Your right bout the slope lines there. so the trail would snake slightly differently along SH2 more like this i guess,

the trail going left(as you look at it) would be flatter and slower, and the ones going right would be faster with bigger berms.

I guess we will have to really plan it onsite. Also what will be cool is we can utilize the Ditch that runs down parallel to current SH2,

The one i built the gap on. we could do step ups, drop offs, gaps and berms along that ditch (idealy). Have some turn ups on the faster sections too. Its gonna be raaad.

Oh cap Where did you hide those tools? I searched high and low and couldnt find them anywhere.. Ended up clearing track with sticks!

Ill try bring a Hoe/rake on saterday.post-9789-001027900 1282852606.jpg

hoe and spade down at top of SH3. walk down track till first mini berm (before the bigger berm which goes left).Turn to your right, it's about 2 -3m in on the RHS of a tree under twigs and bark.

the saw, multi-tool, 6 pound hammer and machete is at top of SH2 in the usual place.

post-6789-003281400 1282857070.jpg

LDF: in that boxed off area, or somewhere around there, the ravine is pretty deep, but i reckon with a decent take off and transition, it's a perfect gap. Your line, and i'm not sure if u were intending it to be that way, will give sufficient impetus to clear that gap. But if u stack... oh damn..

Could you guys please give me directions to the start of this track

dude: directions are still the same as the ones i gave you last time :). Drive up to signal hill. Just about halfway to the very end of SH, check on your right for pull off's that have boom gates leading into jeep tracks. There will be two of them. The first one on the way up is what u looking for. The 2nd boom gate is when you nearly right at the end of SH (after the gate, the road curves almost a full 180 to the left to take you to the tourist viewing area of the atlantic seaboard).

Go down the jeep track at that first boom gate. THe path will fork. Take the left fork which is a flat jeep track. Keep following it till you reach the treeline. Check for a pile of rocks on your right. THat's the start of SH2. If u facing that entry point, immediately behind you will in all likelihood be the end of SH1. But we still dreaming on that ;)

kef vid DHK. some sick tricks by the grove..

I second that... some crazy stuff happening there!

Have you seen The Riot vids on vimeo? Brad and those guys also pull some sick tricks on their BMXs at dirtopia

got some links for us Patches?

LDF: wanna setup a jump downstream of that rockgarden: wood ramp or earth? wood so much faster. I dont fancy shovelling all that stoney earth. <_<

dude: wet weather riding is a MUST! totally different approach on the same lines. :) i luv it actually. the sucky bit is my kit getting all mushy afterward. But thank heavens for tumble dryers :)

but if u not riding, njoi this gnarly vid of day 2 at the last race of the World Cup circuit, at Windham (USA).