The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

patches: your chain device is mounted slightly incorrectly. It needs to be rotated more clockwise so that the bottom roller of the top guide is just below the normal chainline. It's the bottom pulley that takes up the chain slack, not the top guide. You can then slide the top guide up or down to get the correct clearance for the chain. but it needs to be rotated more.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, they say at around the 8 'o clock position more or less..

It's a seriously nice looking bike though. Is that your rock garden I see with the gap jump over the pool?

patches: your chain device is mounted slightly incorrectly. It needs to be rotated more clockwise so that the bottom roller of the top guide is just below the normal chainline. It's the bottom pulley that takes up the chain slack, not the top guide. You can then slide the top guide up or down to get the correct clearance for the chain. but it needs to be rotated more.

hahaha! thanks, I know it's not mounded right... I still need to set that and the gears...

I may need a longer chain. I rotated it so, to give a little slack. as you can see the RD is stretching like crazy.

But yeah... it's getting there!

Ja, they say at around the 8 'o clock position more or less..

It's a seriously nice looking bike though. Is that your rock garden I see with the gap jump over the pool?

hahaha! thanks!

someday I'll try said rock garden and gap jump... only when I know I can make it though... wouldn't be cool to have to tell people you ate dirt in your own front yard, hahaha!

Hahaha,

The day I put my Morewood together, I had to test it. Was a bit late in the night, so I rode down the passage down three stairs into the garden. I did not fall but I had a chill moment when the handle bar clipped the curtain while I was going out the door.

Cap, goona try for Sunday. We riding Eden again tomorrow, we have a new rider who is keen to try. I think SH will be a tad extreme for him.

Why not give Eden a try sometime? It is a bit far out, but a nice ride, full of jumps, switchbacks, and wild mushrooms.

Anyone interested in a Manitou Minute 100-130mm coil fork? Damn the market for coils is difficult this year.

Anyway weekend looks rad.

You guys based mostly in Cape Town by the way?

Would dig to join for a ride sometime...but also nothing too extreme as still learning, and bike is not exactly propper DH either :P

The boerewors curtain?

By gf stays in Bellville across from Tyger Valley and I always wanna bring the bike with, but there is never time over a weekend to go explore to find places, so would be cool if you have any hints (maps...?) on where to go ride? :)

google earth man :P

hehehe.

I hear Tokai has some awesome trails/etc?

I am sick of riding dirt road and ye olde standard XC track...That was even too easy on the short travel hard tail :(

I have heard rumor about some good trail and DH track around Tyger Vally and Durbnville area?

Cap, goona try for Sunday. We riding Eden again tomorrow, we have a new rider who is keen to try. I think SH will be a tad extreme for him.

Why not give Eden a try sometime? It is a bit far out, but a nice ride, full of jumps, switchbacks, and wild mushrooms.

Anyone interested in a Manitou Minute 100-130mm coil fork? Damn the market for coils is difficult this year.

Anyway weekend looks rad.

SH? Extreme? :blink: no sir. wrong SH then..I might try eden. when and what time you going? currently nursing a cold, which is downright shitty timing considering next weekend is race weekend, and i wanted to practice like nuts over the next 2 days. ai. :unsure:

o guys *** funny vid on youtube, about a road biker who becomes a DHer! Also see the other vid where he hates the fixie kids.

hahaha! brilliant!