The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good gravy dude no - you will be well ahead of the curve here. Even knee-high (even mid-chin high) drops freak me out a bit at this stage, all mental I tell you.

Funny how you know you can do things, you know the bike can, but you don't have the stones to just do it!

If anyone have a pill for that - I am open for research :o

beta-blockers. tried and tested.

less seriously though, if u can roll off it initially, then later you WILL jump it. That's why i made the ski-jump at SH2 rollable for those less balsy.

I don't trust my bike!

There isn't a pill that I know of yet but I'm sure half a bottle of vodka will do the trick.

so that's where you've been all this time!! Drying out! good god man,a little too young ot be whipping the sauce... :P

Haha AWE! When we going riding again I haven't been in ages!!! Had stupid exams and stuff but they all end on friday. Oh I started a jump track thing at my school so I can go practice a few jumps at breaks. What do you think the headmaster will do if he finds out? <_<

pls tell me you cleared it with him first? remember, his first concern is damage to school property and associated maintenance costs for any structures, and then the well being of learners who use the track. First kid that breaks a bone, slap him hard, cos that's the last chance u gonna get to kick the dog that caused the closure of the jump track.

IMHO, you woulda been better off with a pump track. U get a skills training setup, and the headmaster doesnt hae to wrry about the school's insurance premiums.

ish. Well heres what I claim. . . It's for the inter house MTB that happens every year in the fourth term. ( I won't lie the hole I dug for sand is as deep as me!)

Sand not hard enough for pump track and I only have a DH bike pumping doesn't work.

What's more dangerous a sport like dirt jump that doesn't require for anyone to get hurt to participate in the sport, or a sport like rugby which is the most idiotic game around in my opinion, where it requires for someone to get tackled and hurt??

Bishops states that they inspire individuals. . .I was inspired to dig a hole and make a jump.

LOL. can i stand there while u try to let that last bit fly ;)

rugby's dangers the same as smoking/drinking dangers: everyone does it.

DJ'ing? ..i bet the first thing they gonna think of is vinyl and scratching..

Still there we going to redo it sometime soon. It just such a trek for me to ride all the way there! That track was actually pretty sweet I was starting to get some 1 no hander things in.

when u gonna be there again? wanna give it a bash on my giant instead of my dh sled. Giant should be coming from the shop soon. But gonna swing it and get that one dude's STP if it's still around near end of the month.

btw: recently did some small changes to the DH sled which seems to have shed quite a bit of mass, 17.x kg at last weigh-in. She handles quite a bit differently. Best thing though is the acceleration. stupendously nice.

no ways your heavy frame 17Kg what did you do???? Loose the front wheel? My bike not even 17!!!!

Well planning to do like a build day in the holz after the Laser Nationals.

new rims + tubeless.

i said 17.x kg as i'm not sure if the 'x' is a 3 or an 8. i think it's the latter, so lets rather say 18kg. Then again, this bathroom scale could be lying to me. Again. <_<

Also, changed to a Ti-coi on the shock, but dont think that was a big weight saver compared to the wheels + tires.

post-6789-024932100%201284216367.jpg

ohhh I see what it is. . . Coil!! dude that like 1kg off and 2 off from the wheels that still leaves your bike on 1 009 968kg

remind me to slap you.. :P

also, i didnt buy them wheels new. It came off Justin Cope's bike. Rims were in very good condition. Just need to get more UST tires, of which it seems in the DH category, only Maxxis really has more than 1 offering.