The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys.

making the transision from motocross/enduro to downhill an I need some advice on what to buy. Looking to buy a complete bike. I weigh about 60kg and am about 173cm tall. what should i look for in terms of triple clamp/fork, size, travel, geometry ect...

some advice would be much appriciated.

shot

Hmmmm awesome! well firstly what kinda price range are you looking at? 6' plus would be suffiecient travel id say, frame size....id say you should go for a medium. but before i say anymore we gotta here what sort of money youd like to spend on DH.

Any to everyone else, How was the weekend?? any good riding?

yeah, you can get a sick pair of goggles from suzuki south for R250. and then a new visor is like R40 i think. they might have tear off for them but i don't know

jrussel: did u miss out on ?Colonel's offer for some free Thor gogs? pity man.

went to tokai today. still struggling with jumps (more mental than anything really) otherwise bike is a champ. it's her first time out at Tokai and boy, does she rail them corners. Completely different feel to the Giant.

need to work on leg strength though. the bumps etc take a lot outta them smiley6.gif

Which jumps so you struggle with. i just use my dirt jumping style and boot/trick every bump/jump can find smiley4.gif Panik07032009-10-11 11:49:14

Yeah I was away this weekend, but that sounds awesome! which jumps are you struggling with? maybe I could give you some advice, unless its the road gap at DH1, im working on that one.....

my leg is still buggered from a fall in april, doc says its either a pinched nerve or a blood clot, what happens is my leg just feels like its going to cramp the whole time so i just sit down now lolsmiley1.gif and i still beat DHKsmiley17.gif

yeah. i managed to land a 1 foot table and a fully extended 1 hander off the jump after the berm at DH 1. was pretty amped