The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

no the price is the biggest rip ever! does a custom paint job make you go faster down a hill? It has been ridden contacted the guy for the wheels and he is the biggest dic. . . the rudest person alive

Name?

Email?

Just interested..

I'm no hitman..

darnijl2009-10-11 13:16:13

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think of anodizing fork stanchions. say like the ones on the big hit posted above in say green or blue. would be pretty sick

the stanchions are the sliding surfaces. i woldnt do it. unless the manufacturer approved of it. If you referring to the lowers, then by all means.

hey guys.

making the transision from motocross/enduro to downhill an I need some advice on what to buy. Looking to buy a complete bike. I weigh about 60kg and am about 173cm tall. what should i look for in terms of triple clamp/fork' date=' size, travel, geometry ect...

some advice would be much appriciated.

shot[/quote']

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=59915

This will suit you!

I am 1.62m - 56kg's and I've moved from that small to an extra small.

O his reply went along the lines of. .  Hi look you ass I posted up the bike so I could sell the bike ass hole ****, how am I supose to sell a bike with no wheels.you oaks from cape town are f***ing strange. Now please f off and don't contact me again unless you want to buy the bike! Or I will report you to gumtree

well the fork stanchions have already been anodized. in silver

which fork u referring to? either way,if the manufacturer ok's it, i'm game. I guess they wouldnt so if the anodizer can match the spec of the current job on the stanchions, then i guess i would do it as well.

well i want to try it sometime. my friend wants to anodize some parts so i might get a cheap fork and try it out

damn thats fricken overboard is int it easyer just to say sorry im only selling the whole bike

I'll be honest (not justifying the rudeness)' date=' but some hubbers are pretty strange.

You post a frame for sale, with pics and all the details. Then someone e-mails you and asks if you have "XXX" wheel set? [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley5.gif[/img]

One thing that I have noticed, is that hubbers shop for bargains... not for quality, not for what they need.... but purely for bargains. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm generalising. But that is the feeling that I get.