The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

damn thats fricken overboard is int it easyer just to say sorry im only selling the whole bike

I'll be honest (not justifying the rudeness)' date=' but some hubbers are pretty strange.

You post a frame for sale' date=' with pics and all the details. Then someone e-mails you and asks if you have "XXX" wheel set? [img'']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley5.gif[/img]

One thing that I have noticed, is that hubbers shop for bargains... not for quality, not for what they need.... but purely for bargains. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm generalising. But that is the feeling that I get.

yes, that would be a bit irritating, especially after the 2nd call smiley2.gif but in DHK's defence, he asked for the wheelset on the bike, not some random unrelated bit of kit.

sometimes, we dont like to break up a set, but in this guys case, i'm pretty sure he can swing the bits and pieces without issue. Whole bike is obviously way less grief than shipping pieces and dealing with the whole bunch of western cape idiots smiley17.gif

damn thats fricken overboard is int it easyer just to say sorry im only selling the whole bike

I'll be honest (not justifying the rudeness)' date=' but some hubbers are pretty strange.

You post a frame for sale, with pics and all the details. Then someone e-mails you and asks if you have "XXX" wheel set? [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley5.gif[/img]

One thing that I have noticed, is that hubbers shop for bargains... not for quality, not for what they need.... but purely for bargains. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm generalising. But that is the feeling that I get.

yes, that would be a bit irritating, especially after the 2nd call smiley2.gif but in DHK's defence, he asked for the wheelset on the bike, not some random unrelated bit of kit.

sometimes, we dont like to break up a set, but in this guys case, i'm pretty sure he can swing the bits and pieces without issue. Whole bike is obviously way less grief than shipping pieces and dealing with the whole bunch of western cape idiots smiley17.gif

For sure!

It was a general observation smiley2.gif

hey brad' date=' when you get your new giant 2010 would you sell your glory. if so for how much?[/quote']

Yeah. It would be just the frame. Not too sure yet... probably around R5k.

aren't you going to get a full 2010 glory? or just the frame set?

Just the frame. I have some decent parts on the Glory ATM, so it will be a nice build with what I have. Also, I like switching parts out fairly regularly anyways. So I'm not fussed about having the "stock" bike. Not a fan of the Shimano hubs either!

Brad@TheRiot2009-10-11 13:51:26

hey guys.

making the transision from motocross/enduro to downhill an I need some advice on what to buy. Looking to buy a complete bike. I weigh about 60kg and am about 173cm tall. what should i look for in terms of triple clamp/fork' date=' size, travel, geometry ect...

some advice would be much appriciated.

shot[/quote']

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=59915

This will suit you!

I am 1.62m - 56kg's and I've moved from that small to an extra small.

Holy Cr*p good price Brad!

You post a frame for sale, with pics and all the details. Then someone e-mails you and asks if you have "XXX" wheel set? [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley5.gif[/img]

One

thing that I have noticed, is that hubbers shop for bargains... not for

quality, not for what they need.... but purely for bargains. Maybe I'm

wrong, maybe I'm generalising. But that is the feeling that I get.

Nope, that's South Africa smiley36.gif

Holy Cr*p good price Brad!

Yup!

All I see in that bike is a pile of $$$. I'd rather have the cash in my c/c account than taking up space in my garage!

Mad Bout MTB: very noice. u DH with that rig?

anyone have a copy of Between the Tape? I have a nice collection of DH movies, especially those of Clay Porter's. Let me know please smiley1.gif