The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

i was out today, doing DH 1 and 2. just practicing some lines. Then for some damn magical reason, my tire catches a puncture while i'm pushing back up the trail. Just damn luck I didnt catch it on the way down. Might have been interesting. Had to walk my bike down all the way, used the DH trails as a shortcut smiley6.gif

As for spring rates: Im about 83kg, and running my vivid on a 500 spring. more than enough. In fact, i'm thinking of going down to 450, cos 500 has a nasty ass kick in the butt in store if you go over a lip wrong. I bet 550 will send Jrussel thru the nearest tree.. smiley2.gif Only boy on earth with bark for teeth and <insert seat brand here> stamped on his butt smiley17.gif

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DHK: empty your inbox PLEASE!

but no, the order hasnt been placed, as I'm waiting to see what the damage$ are for the import costs on the fork. Order will go thru tomorrow afternoon for the latest. If all in stock, we will get everything this week still. I hope you ok going with UPS, and the added costs involved. it will be split proportionately, but I will only know once I've paid. I will notify you, and that will be your final payment. First payment, is the costs as indicated by CRC. the test is purely the import duties and other shipping costs, as previously mentioned.

louis. whenz your next event up there? I was so badly prepped for even a simple thing like Urban Assault, but not gonna let that happen again. I wanna do a few events around the province, even up north, as I could do with a mini-getaway smiley2.gif

The last one is this weekend. Two day event at Helderkruin, think it is going to be awesome, ordered some new parts but don't think they will get here before saturday. Hows your bike looking cap, anything new added?

nothing new, yet smiley2.gif i might be getting something really special either tomorrow or Tuesday. THen with another order i"m placing this evening or tomorrow, some new brakes end of this week, or early next. My j5's have done a sterling job up until now, but I need something with just a bit more stopping power.

what u planning on getting Louis?

ooo louis. that was sick! but my man Sam Hill... u gotta luv him. I mean, he was manualling thru some sections of the track..?

but luv the compression jumps out of the turns by that maniac stevie smith...

As far as coils go... each bike has a different leverage ratio. Therefore, certain bikes might need a heavier weight coil with the same rider on it. For best suspension setup advice, check the specs and guidelines for you specific frame!

Concerning the Sun MTX's. I'm running the 33's, and I've trashed them in less than two months. But, I ride Helderkruin mostly, and it's very rocky! I used to pinch a helluva lot, but that had been reduced drastically. Pinch flatting and denting rims have an inverse relationship. Really tough rims (resistant to denting) will cause more pinch flats. That is why the WC racers use softer (and lighter) rims, they would rather dent than pinch flat. Podiums come at a price!

I have friends running both the Sun MTX 33's and 31's and they have had much better results... well in terms of rims durability smiley2.gif Each individual's riding style (and pocket depth) will determine the necessary equipment!

BTW, I'm really excited about the Gauteng DH championships this coming Sunday, it's going to be sweet! smiley4.gif

which awesome pedals u getting? i been eyeballing some straitlines for a while now. They suit my color scheme smiley2.gif. Ran a flat today, so new rubber which i bought previously going on when the bike goes to LBS for fitment of that something special smiley2.gif

?

edit: thanks brad smiley1.gif

Capricorn2009-10-18 13:25:19