The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ the guys buying Marzocchi and looking to buy Marzocchi, do you know that there's no longer a SA agent? So spares, no backup...

brad: lol smiley4.gif any platform pedal with long ish spikes will do just fine. These 5-tens stick like velcro. easily one of the 2 or 3 best purchases I have ever made.

Louis: i paid a kakhuisvolgeld smiley6.gif Just hope they dont turn into porkies.

brad: lol smiley4.gif any platform pedal with long ish spikes will do just fine. These 5-tens stick like velcro. easily one of the 2 or 3 best purchases I have ever made.

I have heard that they stick like snot! Apparently it's a mission to realign your foot if you replace it slightly off your mark. What would you say about that? 

I would love to try a pair' date=' but they seem very chunky and so I'm guessing there's less feedback (which I enjoy). Hesitant to drop the dollar on a possible fail [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley5.gif[/img]

brad: LBS informed me that that situation is interim. A new one is being sort/ is in the pipeline.

I hope that there's a legit new Marz agent' date=' even more so... I hope that their 2010 products are decent. Unlike the '09 rubbish. We had about 60% of the '09 Mongoose Teocali's that had Marz forks on them returned with failures. Current Marz agents couldn't sort the problems out sufficiently. We had a '09 66 sent back, even on to Italy... returned just as fooked [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley5.gif[/img]

Brad@TheRiot2009-10-18 13:44:54

i was out today' date=' doing DH 1 and 2. just practicing some lines. Then for some damn magical reason, my tire catches a puncture while i'm pushing back up the trail. Just damn luck I didnt catch it on the way down. Might have been interesting. Had to walk my bike down all the way, used the DH trails as a shortcut [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley6.gif[/img]

As for spring rates: Im about 83kg, and running my vivid on a 500 spring. more than enough. In fact, i'm thinking of going down to 450, cos 500 has a nasty ass kick in the butt in store if you go over a lip wrong. I bet 550 will send Jrussel thru the nearest tree.. smiley2.gif Only boy on earth with bark for teeth and <insert seat brand here> stamped on his butt smiley17.gif

Sounds awesome! and lame at the same time. Capricorn, I do believe that most shocks now come with an adjustment called Rebound, basicly what it does is slows down the speed at which the shock returns from compression to its rest position. its quite helpfull in many cases.smiley17.gif

guys go check the funny pics thread there some funny stuff up there! Capricorn don't worry jrussel wouldn't be able to tell the difference he goes flying through trees anyway!

Brad: that's weird, cos i've read fairly extensively on MTBR for example and everones of the opine that 2008 marzo's sucked. period.

2009 was A LOT better, but not quite there,but still way better than 2008 ever was.

Really hoping 2010 goes back to 2007 levels of bombproof butter.

As for the five tens. I promise you Brad, u cant go wrong. If you ride platforms, nothing beats 5.10s. yes, it can be a mission getting your foot on properly, especially if it bounces off for some reason. Sometimes, it does stick off the mark, but trust me: it's stuck. Best to wait for a 'rest' in the mayhem to get it realigned. But the surety that my foot wont come off in the gnarly stuff is damn reassuring. My previous shoes really put the brakes on hitting the rough stuff hard.

The shoe is really robustly built. Initially, it's feels a bit hard. but the sole is stiff, as well as the sidewalls (for want of a better word). These shoes feel like my work boots which have steelcaps in them. I bet i could kick the crap outta any rockgarden with these shoes smiley17.gif. Very reassuring build quality.

As i said: one of hte 2 or 3 best purchases I've ever made.

Brad: that's weird' date=' cos i've read fairly extensively on MTBR for example and everones of the opine that 2008 marzo's sucked. period.

2009 was A LOT better, but not quite there,but still way better than 2008 ever was.

Really hoping 2010 goes back to 2007 levels of bombproof butter.

As for the five tens. I promise you Brad, u cant go wrong. If you ride platforms, nothing beats 5.10s. yes, it can be a mission getting your foot on properly, especially if it bounces off for some reason. Sometimes, it does stick off the mark, but trust me: it's stuck. Best to wait for a 'rest' in the mayhem to get it realigned. But the surety that my foot wont come off in the gnarly stuff is damn reassuring. My previous shoes really put the brakes on hitting the rough stuff hard.

The shoe is really robustly built. Initially, it's feels a bit hard. but the sole is stiff, as well as the sidewalls (for want of a better word). These shoes feel like my work boots which have steelcaps in them. I bet i could kick the crap outta any rockgarden with these shoes [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley17.gif[/img]. Very reassuring build quality.

As i said: one of hte 2 or 3 best purchases I've ever made.

I assume you have one the "Impacts" or "Karvers".

Has anyone tried the "FReerider" or "Basic" ? They don't look as bulky but also have the Stealth rubber

Brad: that's weird' date=' cos i've read fairly extensively on MTBR for example and everones of the opine that 2008 marzo's sucked. period.

Really hoping 2010 goes back to [b']2007 levels of bombproof butter.[/b]

Pffffffff... Try 2001 bombproof butter smiley17.gif

Hey guys,

Can you help me with places in/around cape town that sells downhill gear? Like jerseys, shorts, shoes, shin gaurds etc.