The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw you okes today, who is the man with the specialized and triple clamp? is he on the Hub? I spoke to him and his friends last week, cool people!smiley1.gif

love those jumps.... so nice to do tricks on. i have actually over shot the second one a few time by mistake. smiley17.gif

ahhh me to! theyre awesome, but i prefer the faster DH1 and DH2, DH3 is cool for messing around on. You still on your AC Panik? what is it like?

yeah sadly still on the AC. getting new 2nd hand holzfeller bars and dmr grips and getting a bb mount thing for my chain guide off CRC with my friend. but the bike is awesome for doing the jumps since its actually a dual susser stp. Panik07032009-10-24 14:09:15

i saw you okes today' date=' who is the man with the specialized and triple clamp? is he on the Hub? I spoke to him and his friends last week, cool people![img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley1.gif[/img]

yeah. they're good guys. well, hopefully they pitch up here so i can send 'em the rest of their photos.

we'll be back tomorrow. but i prolly won't take my camera gear - too heavy - would actually like to be able to ride a little bit smiley1.gif

Panik: I downloaded it when it was still available via Mpora.com. I can't find it there anymore. It's in .mp4 format, so it's more like Very HQ than proper HD. Damn well shot and easily one of the more enjoyable riding movies out there. Makes you want to get out there and just shred..

Since Panik seems to be the jumpmeister, maybe he could assist me with them...?

Capricorn2009-10-24 15:21:37

Hey evreyone, I need some help! my 550lbs coil on my shock at the moment is a very pup one, so I want to get a new 550, but now I dont want a linear spring rate, I want eather a double rate or triple rate coil, where could i get one from? (new)

Or would it just be better to get the linear one off CRC

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2619/4040289530_e8a24d6efe.jpg

I love that xc dude in the back round smiley36.gif

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2442/4040304490_f717980b9b.jpg

Good to see the old horse in good use smiley1.gif

I had a frustrating weekend. Raced the GP DH champs at Helderkruin. Had issues with my gears skipping (very pedaly course) on Sat. Put a new shift cable on last night, set the indexing, rode it a bit... tried to pre stretch it a bit, checked the hanger etc... but I reckon the derailleur (105) is toast. Kept skipping in my race run smiley11.gif

Worst part is, I have a Saint shifter and derailleur on the way smiley5.gif

I learned one more lesson from this weekend: if you want to compete on a decent level, you need good parts. Not some good parts, you need a completely dialed bike. Don't mess around with sketchy sh*t, it will cost you time!

Fun weekend of racing though, ended with 2nd in Elite.