The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

finally opened our package DHK, and had the Elixir's fitted. Wow. very very nice stopping power. Just need to change cranks and get other pedals, then i'm done spending money on new stuff. Just ?riding and the occassional maintenance.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tokai on sunday, i got no cash for the race smiley6.gif also my seat just broke.....anyone got a spare seat for sale? like cheap cheapsmiley20.gif

Cap' date=' whats Elixirs?[/quote']

CRs.

DHK: i think CRC eff'ed up with your chain device. I'm hoping they used the wrong box, but the sticker on the side here says ISCG-old...

Cool and that is?

soz man. still suffering from hangover due to 2 x 12 hr nightshifts.. man. i'm hammered :(

It's the Elixir CRs, black and red. It's a very nice step up in power from the J5s. Using them on the existing G2 rotors I had. Immediatelly impressed with how little finger pressure one needs to get decent braking. Very very reassuring.

We gonna have to swop it. I am placing another, and hopefully my giddam last CRC order for 2009 this weekend for pedals. It's coming via UPS. If the chain device is indeed the wrong one (and lets hope they used the wrong box!) I will contact CRC to see if they can add the exchange unit to my order. Shuold be here by wed/thurs.?

But first let's see if the holes line up. Man, i really hope they do. we both waited damn long for this package.

I set up my own combination. Magura Gustav Calipers and Shimano XT M775 levers. Don't think any factory brakes can compare

can we soon see a pic of your AC you are selling cap?

lemme clean her up first, and add the J5s now that they've been removed from my current ride. It's a damn pity Jrussel is taking the bomber. That AC woulda been ace with that fork instead of the manitou.

I?set up my?own combination. Magura Gustav Calipers and Shimano XT M775 levers. Don't think any factory brakes can compare

Nice! Curious to the frankenbrake setup? Why the mix and match?

It's like the SRAM WC blackbox setup where the use the Elixir caliper with the Code levers. But i'm pretty damn happy with these Elixir's at this stage.