The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

I set up my own combination. Magura Gustav Calipers and Shimano XT M775 levers. Don't think any factory brakes can compare

Nice! Curious to the frankenbrake setup? Why the mix and match?

First reason was price and spares on the levers. And then power to the calipers and pressure on the lever. No other brakes feel the same, its responsive and fully adjustable

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cap and DHk: When you up at altitude and have your bikes present. Let me know so we can go for a ride at both helderkruin and klapperkop

well Murray: normally CRC exchanges items without issue. It must just be sent back, which I will do as I am the name on the invoice, and it sometimes happens they send it off while the other one is on it's way back to them (you have to provide proof it's been sent)

But first lets see if it actually fits or not. I will be superbummed if it doesn't. damn long time to wait for zero result.

is the black pivot thing on the AC made out of aluminium?

no, it looks like plastic.

Louis: dude. i would luv that! btw: when u coming to cpt: I thought u were gonna do some sorta tour that would have you done here for a bit.

lulz. i think it's alu. it looks like alu. Lumo green would be errr. unique, 4sure smiley2.gif

DHK: just remember, we can't damage the chain device in any way, as the UK is a bit too damn far to argue about things like who broke what and when. I dont want anything to hinder the exchange, if an exchange is required in the first place. So let's just check if the holes line up or not. If not, we exchange. I'll handle all that.?

ok, since Panik cant seem to see the question i keep asking smiley2.gif: does anyone else know where gumtrails is?

Panik whats with you and anodizing everything? smiley17.gif if your gonna anodize anything on a bike, its gotta be the same red colour as Cap's front hub, i love that colour! and just BTW Capricorn: what colour is that on CRC? i want that exact colour smiley1.gif