The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry boyz! OSX! The only way to fly!!!! Hahaa!

Im busy doing a rebuild! Almost ready to start hitting hills on my first Dual suspension! YAY!!!!

I decided to get myself a "used and abused" Frame and get serious about DH/FR! So amped to hit all those hills i was banging on my old hardtail!!

Ill post b4 and after pics on here asap!!

Hope everyone had some good riding...

hey loveme.DH/FR, please respond to PM i sent u a while back. almost 2 weeks ago now. I'm always game for a shunt down SH or TblMnt.

someone please buy my monster t !

don't any of you guys know someone?

it's such good condition!

was quiet out at tokai today. every body musta been at the beach or something.

front wheel kept washing out from under me today. oi.

Capricorn2009-11-15 07:30:18

almost forgot to mention: some poor sod was riding his motorbike too fast down that road that comes from Tokai forest, way too fast for that nice chick taking a right. He hit anchors, started fishtailing all over the place with the bike finally washing out from under him and skidding off down the road, whilst he skidded into/under her car.

?

I was standing at the garage checking my bike's attachment to the rack (which is a bit sketchy cos a bit of the rack broke off). Was actually first on the scene, which is damn weird cos everyone just seemed either disinterested in what the ****just happened, or were just shellshocked into frigidness. Anyways, i lookat the guy (helmet still on, t-shirt, shorts, and sandals). Has a bunch of road rashes of note,bits of plastic lying all over the place. Was a bit fearful of the guys condition cos it looked like his eyes were about to bulge outta their sockets. thought some sorta head trauma, but the helmet wasnt broken and he wasnt bleeding outta his ears or nose and irises were dilating properly in changes to light. ALso, he kept moving both his legs and arms trying to sit up. I think he was just disorientated.

Eventually more ppl rocked up and someone called the dudes dad and the emergency services. Once a paramedic (which looked like a security guard) rocked up, i rolled on out. had to wash the blood off my hands.

I think the dude broke a few ribs on his left side. He kept complaining about not being able to breath too well and that he had pain on his left.

That was a very good sign for his head: the pain was registering on all levels showing he had normal brain function at the time. I had to take his helmet off cos the dude wanted to get up, but he said he was feeling claustrophobic, so took a chance to take it off just 'help him breath better'. Purely psychological of course, but I had to try to calm him down. Besides, he was lying in the middle of the road in the sun. Thankfully someone found a huge ass umbrella to shield him.

lol. i got pissed at some dude who stopped nearby, asked if he could help. I asked if he was a doctor or some sort of medico: he said no. then i got pissed he was just parking his car there holding up traffic while rubbernecking.

human nature smiley17.gif oi.

anyway, if anyone knows about that accident, and/or was there and you know how the vic is, please let me know. I hope the sod is ok. that boy fell hard.

Capricorn2009-11-15 07:36:41

ok heres 1 or 2 little problems ive been having....every now and again, my rear shocks coil goes into this "clicking" fit. it clciks the entire way through the stroke I have no idea why, and then some days it will just be silent all of a sudden...anyone know of any reasons for this? and secondly, my seatpost/seat keeps on creaking! its sooo annoying, any help guys? ive already cleaned the seatpost and seat, still creaks every now and again.

All bikes creak dude.

Give up.

My one friend's bike literally squeaks, but creaking to the extent of squealing or honking.

Watch WC DH with no background music.

"GRGGRTRTTRGRGRTRGRTRTRTRRRR"

darnijl2009-11-16 12:10:36

mmmmmmm its just so annoying...or is everyone else used to it? lol Devons Kona is also pretty bad lol....if you wernt talking about his.

?

jrussel: lube the seat rails lightly where it touches the body of the seat. should fix it till the lube is out. Just means the clearances are starting to increase with usage. almost unavoidable, unless of course you ride a beamed seat.

?

you sure it's the rear coil that's clicking? it's clicking off the seat/lip on the coil preload nut?

Capricorn2009-11-16 12:32:22

Yep thats it Cap,  it doesnt fit on 100% and it clicks when i bounce sometimes, but i just gotta give it a bit of a wack and then it sorts itself out for a while....its just the seat noise thats frustrating me, ill try lubing it tomorrow