The Downhill Thread

DownhillingKing

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is.. unfortunately it puts it in the price range of all other top of the range downhill frames.. im guessing because its a reasonably small company.. and with the likes of orange, giant and santa cruz , i cant see it being the best frame in the caterguory.

What do the Giant and Cruz frames go for locally, want to go back to states and tell them we out of the market with these prices then

it is.. unfortunately it puts it in the price range of all other top of the range downhill frames.. im guessing because its a reasonably small company.. and with the likes of orange' date=' giant and santa cruz , i cant see it being the best frame in the caterguory.[/quote']

Have you seen the prices of the santa cruz v10? intence 951? Morewood makulu? gt Fury? All are R30 000 plus for the frame only. giant and mongoose are the only brand able to suply at such a low cost. I dont think that is a bad price. It is a boat load om cash but i think it is worth it. the forks are work 10 or 11 grand i think.  Ngala, what is the price for the frame only? the good thing about a small manufacturer is quality. Gaint has an awsome replacement warenty but morewood doesn't need one. the quality control on the low production bikes are much better that the mass production made in chine stuff. Why do you think canondale and specialized is so expensive? I've only read good reviews about the chumba. The only con is the rear shock is open to the elements.
Bakkies2009-12-17 07:18:41

20091215_122934_boxxer1.jpg

Originally posted by spesh321

First off.. to the guy selling the boxxer please please post up some pictures i have been wanting a boxxer for aaaggess (:

Secondly... you should definately come ride the track bud.. my mates are full on xc and they come down the track sometimes so you will enjoy it (: maybe just not the rock shoot close to the bottom.. but definately worth coming (:

Come on guys, what is a good price for this boxxer?

Chumba Usa wants me to get a couple into the market if possible so R13000 for the frame only which is a saving of R5800 on RRP

If you look at RRP on a boxxer team and F5 frame its +/- $3500.00 or R28000.00 so i thought it wasnt a bad price

Chumba has a return rate of 0.3% in 15 years, frames are built well and have a 2 year warranty on them

[

Have you seen the prices of the santa cruz v10? intence 951? Morewood makulu? gt Fury? All are R30 000 plus for the frame only. giant and mongoose are the only brand able to suply at such a low cost. I dont think that is a bad price. It is a boat load om cash but i think it is worth it. the forks are work 10 or 11 grand i think.  Ngala, what is the price for the frame only? the good thing about a small manufacturer is quality. Gaint has an awsome replacement warenty but morewood doesn't need one. the quality control on the low production bikes are much better that the mass production made in chine stuff. Why do you think canondale and specialized is so expensive? I've only read good reviews about the chumba. The only con is the rear shock is open to the elements.

well obviously.. they are better frames ofcourse they are going to cost more.. There is a statement i will try pull up for you quoted by chumba themselves that they have neglected there dh frame abit in terms of marketing and new development, it was posted on pinkbike. The price is still a little steep this frame is really in competition with like mongoose and izumi rather then the makulu and v10.. I really really hope they do decide to try nclude the market here that way hopefully we will have another choice. I agree fully about your comment with the warrenty and strength between frames made in china vs others.. but if it really is an issue go for a cove shocker or tomac primer? way superior , not mass produced and around the R24 000. yes i know you have to add import duties on top..

anyway just my opinion

Spesh321, you asked me for a price on the Frame and Fork which is what i gave you ? In fact ive realised i gave you the wrong amount and amended it on this post

And considering the fact that if you ordered a 2010 boxxer team from CRC it would set you back R11000 the fact that im offering it at R7500 with a frame is not bad

[

Have you seen the prices of the santa cruz v10? intence 951? Morewood makulu? gt Fury? All are R30 000 plus for the frame only. giant and mongoose are the only brand able to suply at such a low cost. I dont think that is a bad price. It is a boat load om cash but i think it is worth it. the forks are work 10 or 11 grand i think.  Ngala' date= what is the price for the frame only? the good thing about a small manufacturer is quality. Gaint has an awsome replacement warenty but morewood doesn't need one. the quality control on the low production bikes are much better that the mass production made in chine stuff. Why do you think canondale and specialized is so expensive? I've only read good reviews about the chumba. The only con is the rear shock is open to the elements.
[/quote]

well obviously.. they are better frames ofcourse they are going to cost more.. There is a statement i will try pull up for you quoted by chumba themselves that they have neglected there dh frame abit in terms of marketing and new development, it was posted on pinkbike. The price is still a little steep this frame is really in competition with like mongoose and izumi rather then the makulu and v10.. I really really hope they do decide to try nclude the market here that way hopefully we will have another choice. I agree fully about your comment with the warrenty and strength between frames made in china vs others.. but if it really is an issue go for a cove shocker or tomac primer? way superior , not mass produced and around the R24 000. yes i know you have to add import duties on top..

anyway just my opinion

I asked the guys about this and there response was "I wouldn't call a World Cup race effort neglect - nor would I call a newly

developed cartridge bearing system for the main pivot, 1.5" outer diameter

headtube, or rigid brake mount "neglect"

^^very very nice! that saint derailer looks the sh*t! how does it perform? are those new bars?? whats the width?? whats everyones opinion on wide bars? I cant believe what a differance my new 760mm bars make it is insane! that frame looks quite similiar to the raleigh rdh?

Click the thumbnails for the fullsize pic smiley2.gif

Raleigh RDH 9.0's and 7.0's are in fact Azonic Eliminators, brought in by Raleigh and branded as their own. I really don't like the Raleigh paint and stickers, so took it back to it's roots.

The Saint parts are awesome. Haven't had a proper ride with them yet, but friends that run the same rear mech and shifter all rave about it. The brakes are still bedding in but feel good, lots of power!

The bars are 750mm wide, 15mm rise, fitted them about 2 months ago. Direct mount stem and wide bars are a must have in my opinion, makes such a huge difference!

Can't wait to ride the Helderberg (Spanish Farm) track in 2 weeks time, I'm staying 2km away smiley4.gif

ya i agree paint job looks way better on those! just out of interest what year is your boxxer race? and does it have rebound and compression? im pretty sure its the same one as bakkies is selling?