Got my Rollers

Older

Got my new Tacx Antares rollers yesterday after waiting 5 weeks.  Did fine after a few minutes and ended up doing 30km.

20090813_042741_tacxantares.jpg 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks dangerous !!

what happens if you take your eye off going straight & bliksem off the roller - Ouch

That looks dangerous !!

what happens if you take your eye off going straight & bliksem off the roller - Ouch

At first I thought I was not going to get the hang of it.  After 5 minutes everything was fine although you have to keep concentrating.

Was browsing CRC and i see you can attach the Speedmatic resistance device to these rollers. Looks like a decent alternative to a turbo trainer.

Can you change resistance?

On the standard rollers as in the picture only by changing to bigger gears but it only makes a little difference.  It still is a very good workout though.

Can you change resistance?

I take it you have not done a session on rollers?  Big%20smileWink

It WILL kill you even without resistance!  Wink

It WILL kill you even without resistance!? Wink

You're not joking there! I was going to buy one of the Magnetic Resistance add-ons when I was planning to buy my rollers - glad I didn't.

It provides more than enough of a workout as it is, without adding resistance. A half an hour on the rollers flattens me more than a 65km Saturday ride.

But I suppose one day I may find the workout too easy - anything is possible.smiley3.gif

The big plus for me is the improvement in technique and stability that is carrying over to my road riding. It's not for everyone, but I find it to be a great tool for improving my riding.

Cheers,

Andrew

Are the rubber bands readily available locally, or must i go through CRC? Mine is stuffed, can't use the rollers anymore.

It WILL kill you even without resistance!? Wink

You're not joking there! I was going to buy one of the Magnetic Resistance add-ons when I was planning to buy my rollers - glad I didn't.

It provides more than enough of a workout as it is' date=' without adding resistance. A half an hour on the rollers flattens me more than a 65km Saturday ride.

But I suppose one day I may find the workout too easy - anything is possible.smiley3.gif

The big plus for me is the improvement in technique and stability that is carrying over to my road riding. It's not for everyone, but I find it to be a great tool for improving my riding.

Cheers,

Andrew [/quote']

Yeah i agree, I have no idea how tence the resistance is on the new tacx, but the Magnetic Resistance add-on certainly issn't required on the older tacx roller. Exacly like Spinnekop said, it wil kill you. I really liked the old tacx it was very quite and had a smooth ride, hope the new would be atleast of same quality or even better. smiley17.gif

Are the rubber bands readily available locally' date=' or must i go through CRC? Mine is stuffed, can't use the rollers anymore.[/quote']

Try Rubber Products & Mouldings or Bearing Man. They should be able to make one up for you.

The Antares does not have attachement points for the resistance device. You will have to drill your own, in the metal tube behind front roller (the rear is all plastic and I would not advise trying to attach anything to it), and it is perfect fit.

They advertise that the resistance is: 'from light breze to 8% climb', well maybe I am so unfit or the larger rollers on antares in comparision to previous Tacx's make the difference but I am still stuck on breze-2 :(

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo197/29pgc10/DSCF8446Small.jpg

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo197/29pgc10/DSCF8447Small.jpg

Also my unit tended to pull to the side with the belt, forcing a constant turn. Is is not adjustable/foldable anymore to say it all :)