Which Sunglasses to buy???

Zula

Rudy Project with Photochromic Clear lenses! It's all you'll need! Here are pics of the Rydon and the Exowind.

20090815_084238_Rudy_Rydon_ImpX.jpg

20090815_084405_Exowind_Crystal.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you can get the Rydon in a Photochromic yellow lens?

The effects of a yellow lens is really incredible but the Photochromic will be a huge benefit as well

When you buy your glasses you'll need to look at 3 aspects:

1. Clarity, and ability for lenses to allow you to see in shade and sunlight.

2. Comfort (minimum number of contact points and must be light)

3. When riding fast, the wind mustn't make your eyes water.

If you're getting sweat running down your face/lenses, get a sweat cloth for your head.

I originally bought my Rudy Rydons (photochromatic) for their clarity for flying my RC helicopters. As you can imagine the sharpest image possible is needed without tiring your eyes through glare bleed through the side of the lenses, and when you're flying against a cloudy sky, the helicopter goes black irrespective of colour. So you need glasses that cut glare and make the image stand out.

In that department, the Rydons are superb. They maintain the true colour of the aircraft, and keep the image sharp and consistent.

When I recently went back to riding, I used my Rydons, and they are simply superb! If you're worried about dropping them, fit a lanyard (I have, and I've never dropped my glasses). Besides, they are practically indestructible. When I purchased them from the LBS, I actually bent the lenses as per the advertising (before I paid for them!).

I use them daily as my sungalsses, and they have held up very well. Some small scratches, but the photochromatic lenses work perfectly, they are comfortable and more than you'll ever need in glasses. The best money you will spend on riding or general sunglasses.

I've used the Darcs (I still actually have them), and the image clarity of the Rydons are far, far superior. Buy the Rydons; you won't be disappointed.