PPA seeding

Jaco-fiets

What's up with the PPA seeding? 2 days ago i had seeding of 0.6; yesterday 11.1 (both completely wrong) and now there is no seeding available. I sent a e-mail but nobody at PPA bothers to get back to me (like with other issues in past). Anybody else have this problem?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also needed some information regarding seeding & and noted it is down.

Maybe they are busy with the seeding process before the spring season starts on the 20th September.

Give Wendy a call in the morning

From http://www.pedalpower.co.za/

SEEDING RUN: We have started to allocate seedings

but will still be adjusting groups and group sizes for the next day or

two. The seedings are therefore not finalised yet; we'll bring the

seeding page back up again once done.

What really blows my mind is that we were supposed to have renewed our memberships by 1 July already. Why is this only happening now? Surely the renewal date should have been the cut-off date.

Argus is a long time away ladies and germs' date=' chill out, look at the mountain........

[/quote']

Clap

A whole new actuarial model had to be written because of the argus times. Also incorporating mtb events and extremely hilly events like cobra to give you better seeding. 

Got nothing to do with Argus. AFAIK Argus seeding is based on specific seeding events and not on PPA seeding.

Fact is that:

Renewal date was set long ago.

"Complications" of the windy Argus were known long ago (I still don't understand what is different this year - everybody faced the same conditions; just do the run like always  Confused)

Seeding and issuing of numbers is now 2 months late for no apparent reason and reflects badly on PPA management.

Makes little difference to me personally; I am happy with my seeding and doubt that it will change much.

However, I am starting to doubt if I want to be a member of an organisation that cannot even manage to make their own internal deadlines...

Also remember that a couple of months ago everyone received a e-mail were PPA was looking for a sponser for the numbers.

Did they get a sponser?

Dunno,.... but what I read on the web page they have money for development.

So, maak maar jou sommetjies oor die redes waarom jule noggie julle lappies gekry het.

Got nothing to do with Argus. AFAIK Argus seeding is based on specific seeding events and not on PPA seeding.

Fact is that:

"Complications" of the windy Argus were known long ago (I still don't understand what is different this year - everybody faced the same conditions; just do the run like always  Confused)

Seeding and issuing of numbers is now 2 months late for no apparent reason and reflects badly on PPA management.

Makes little difference to me personally; I am happy with my seeding and doubt that it will change much.

However' date=' I am starting to doubt if I want to be a member of an organisation that cannot even manage to make their own internal deadlines...

[/quote']

Die seeding het alles met die argus te doen.  Die jaar se races wat alles terugverwerk na die mense se tye by die argus.  Met die argus se tye wat so screwed sal almal onmoontlike seedings gekry het.  Bv. ek het in B groep gery en 1025ste gekom, maar my seeding volgens tyd sal iets in die K groep of so wees. 

Ek se hulle moet eerder tyd vat en seker maak dit is reg, maaaaaaaaar

EK dink PPA kon vir almal die rede laat weet het hoekom dit so lank vat. 

Surely most PPA members ride more than 1 event a year (ie Argus)? Most members are renewed members with many races under the belt to assist seedings. So what if everyone had a k#k argus, I don't see them making so much fuss over other races that was affected by weather.

In 2008 I did a 99'er in 42deg celcius with gale force south easters. I rode

a 4:04 and only got a "26" for this event (= about J seeding for PPA).

By applying double standards they are making life difficult for themselves.

The Argus took place in March. Does it take 6 months to develop a seeding model for the event? I mean comon! If I took 6 months to resolve a complex problem at work, I'd be out on the street by now!

I read somewhere that the reason the seeding is later is because the first road race is later so they are only aiming to get it done by then.

Basically they couldn't give a stuff about the mountain bikers!

it is all about communciation and letting us memebers know what is going on ... not just a note on the website saying the seeding link is down for a day or two. Be honest .. is it because of the Argus or lack of members renewing or no sponsor for the numbers. Give a specific date and commit yourselves.

I read somewhere that the reason the seeding is later is because the first road race is later so they are only aiming to get it done by then.

I have for some time now suggested that PPA have a seperate devision that deals exclusively with MTB events and seedings. To date I have not had any response to any of my requests. These mainly consisted of the following:

1. Seperate committee
2. Seperate subs
3. Dedicated mtb numbering boards and numbering stickers on frame

4. Seperate seedings for MTB and road events, with a slightly modified system for seeding

5. Seperate website

I have for some time now suggested that PPA have a seperate devision that deals exclusively with MTB events and seedings. To date I have not had any response to any of my requests. These mainly consisted of the following:

1. Seperate committee
2. Seperate subs
3. Dedicated mtb numbering boards and numbering stickers on frame

4. Seperate seedings for MTB and road events' date=' with a slightly modified system for seeding

5. Seperate website
[/quote']

I agree, think it would be great to have seperate mtb / road seedings!  It really makes sense. 

Fact is that:

However' date=' I am starting to doubt if I want to be a member of an organisation that cannot even manage to make their own internal deadlines...

[/quote']

Die seeding het alles met die argus te doen.  Die jaar se races wat alles terugverwerk na die mense se tye by die argus.  Met die argus se tye wat so screwed sal almal onmoontlike seedings gekry het.  Bv. ek het in B groep gery en 1025ste gekom, maar my seeding volgens tyd sal iets in die K groep of so wees. 

Ek se hulle moet eerder tyd vat en seker maak dit is reg, maaaaaaaaar

EK dink PPA kon vir almal die rede laat weet het hoekom dit so lank vat. 

Ja, Ja Fanie; my comment oor die Argus was eintlik gemik op Shortlegs wat s? ons moenie worrie nie wat volgende Argus is nog ver...

2009 Argus was egter in Maart en PPA het toe al geweet wat almal se tye is en hoe dit die seedings sal beinvloed.

Hulle het ook geweet hulle moet 'n seeding run doen in Julie.

PPA het dus 4+ maande gehad om 'n plan te maak...