NCR - Any free web streaming recorder prg?

Konaman

I would like to record the worlds XC streaming through internet this weekend. Any website where one can download a free recorder program that actualy works?

Well, there are easy ways of doing this. Well, kinda easy.

When you watch something via YouTube, or most streaming sites for that matter, it creates a temp FLV (Flash Video) file in your Temp folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Azonic\Local Settings\Temp

This file will look something like fla235.tmp. As you watch the video you can actually see this file growing as the video downloads. A good idea is to delete everything in your temp folder before you start this process so that other files don't confuse you.

When the video is done streaming, DON'T close the browser window. That video file is locked by the browser window and will be deleted when you close the browser. Look for a program called GMER, download and install it. Windows can't copy this file - locked.

With GMER, browse to your temp folder as mentioned above, and look for the file in question. Select it, there is a copy button on the right. Copy it. A window comes up asking you where you want to save it and what name. Sommer save it as "Movie.FLV" on your desktop.

Basically, process done!

If you have the proper codecs installed (I use K-Lite Codec Pack FULL), you can watch the video as is. If not, you'll need something like:

Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter

To convert the video to an AVI which most media players can play.

This whole process takes like 2 minutes if you know what to do (downloading the video is the longest part obviously).

Summary:

1) Delete all temp files, just good practice.

2) Watch video, or just let it play in the background while you are away.

3) Get GMER, browse to the flaXXX.tmp file, Copy it and paste it somewhere.

4) Change it to AVI format if you need to.

5) Enjoy video.

Another option on YouTube is download youtube-dl (youtube downloader). You just feed it the URL of the clip you want to download

Then follow the rest of the instructions

What he want to do is save the whole world champ XC on freecaster, Coz of starting 2'0clock in the mornin

There is also the "Downloadhelper" add-in in Iceweasel aka Firefox that allows you to download Youtube & other media directly without all the fuss.