Triathlon Training Programme

Zula

Good afternoon to all,

Myself and a few mates are going to be doing our first Triathlon at the end of October. Its part of the BsG series and includes a 600m swim, a 20km ride and a 5km run.

Not exactly the ironman, but I still think I should train for it.

Does anyone have or know of a place where I can get a really basic programme??

Any help in this regard will be appreciated, even if its got to do with race day etc.

Cheers

try trinewbies.com (not sure about the name)... But , train at least for the distance in all three disciplines, should be very easy. Then , do brick sessions, running immidiately after a bike so your legs can get used to the transision

heres how you do it.. Intensity!! Vo2 Max all the way buddy!!It sounds short, But So darn Intense. I will also do it. see you there.

Sorrie, I should have mentioned this above ( Im doing the capetown one- I made a mistake)

The swim is all over within a wink..10-15 mins Yes its scary In the beginning, If you are not confident, stand to the side otherwise the you might get moerd by a swimming arm or ten (no its not that bad you just cant stop or this will happen)

Practice looking where youre going while you swim and do a open water swim or two. Focus on your breathing whilst you swim, when youre anxious you don't exhale properly making you very tired and you almost end up Hyperventilating

you run out the water with HR near redline get on your bike and go like hell ( I dont have Tri shoes that close with a single strap so I use my Mtb Shoes and pedals (cause I put them on by my bike and can run with them to the line outside the transision area) trying to get your foot into the shoe whilst huffing and puffing isnt all that easy and walking on road shoes is crazy, Unless youre good at it you dont save that much time doing it anyway

You obviously cycle? the cycle- like you know is a 20km TT  So If you have a good general fitness,  do some intensity. you should be fine here though 

How much are you running at the moment? Work your way up to a nice 40 min jog (dont start to fast if you dont run) and then do some sprints which is like intervals

Do some "brick sessions"when you follow one session with a different dis (im sure this training programm has many)

Nothing wil prepair you for a Very intense cycle and then stopping and  one minute later setting off for a mad 5k run It hurts like crazy.. do it so you'll know what to expect...

streach your calves when comming off the bike and Increase your cadence to get blood flowing.

Its a great sport- Im glad there arnt more of them around cause they hurt like crazy!

Enjoy bro