D2D re-seed

Speed Devil

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Ian just saw your reply after i hit enter. Makes sense and this is something i've been wanting to see happen for a while. but I see riders like Jules' date=' Sonic etc being affected.  

[/quote']

It doesn't really affect them, they are riding Open/Seeded by choice, at least they have a chance of making a race of it wheras in Elite it is a matter of hanging on in the bunch as long as possible. If they do get put into the licenced bunch they can always move down as with all other categories.

Correct Ian, but looks like what they have done now is irrespective of whether you selected Lic or Open on registration, they look at your age cat then using seeding fill that cat up with riders that fall into that age group.

Waterbottle (Cyclosport lic) entered open on registration as well and has been slotted into a lic start group

scotty2009-09-09 07:10:25

My only other legal option is to get a tandem partner and re-seed in the tandem cat.

Anyone looking for a partner?Big%20smileCool

Personally I think you should ride in the group you are seeded in, take it as a challenge to do the best you can under the circumstances and see how many groups you can move up during the race, you might find other stronger guys in the same situation as you that you can form a group with.

Once the other races are updated in the seeding index you will not have any problems in the future and don't forget most races take your single best seeding result and not the average of your top three any more.

I punctured on the start line at the Argus this year so even though I was supposed to ride Vets I ended starting with D group once I had sorted it out. I had great fun helping the D bunch guys do some pacing in the wind and we ended up beating most of C.

Correct Ian' date=' but looks like what they have done now is irrespective of whether you selected Lic or Open on registration, they look at your age cat then using seeding fill that cat up with riders that fall into that age group.

Waterbottle (Cyclosport lic) entered open on registration as well and has been slotted into a lic start group

[/quote']

That is correct but he has the option of dropping back to open if he wants. I must say after riding the route on Sunday I wouldn't mind dropping back to an open cat myself Wink.

Yes well when a person is used to riding in the top categories, then starting in H is like starting in ZZ in The Argus...No offence to the slower riders

Hi Sean' date='

As per the SuperSeeding Criteria, it takes at least a month after a race has occurred that the results become available for us to load the results onto the ladder. The rules state:

1.     The race must be 90km or longer.

2.     The race must be Chip Timed.

3.     The race must have a minimum of 850 finishers or at least 2 of the professional teams (min. 5 riders per team) participating in the event.

4.     The details of each rider must accompany the time especially the ID no.

5.     Results will be added 1 month after completion of the race. (Providing the data is correct).

6.     Races will be taken off the SSL as soon as the next year?s event has been loaded (or a year has past), except for the Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour results that will stay on for two seasons.

As you mention, you haven?t raced for 2 years, so we have no results for you. It is not a case that we are to lazy to look up results, but the Sungardens Carousel & the Powerade Lost City results have not been finalised and provided to us (it is not a case of copying and pasting from 1 website to another, the data needs to be given to us by the timing company / race organiser). So we cannot use these results, and therefore cannot make an exception just for you, as it is unfair for all the other entrants. As stipulated above, the results are only used for a year (except for Argus); so we cannot use your results from 2006 & 2007. Seeding is not a ?profile? of a cyclists racing career, it is a rider?s current form within a year.

The Powerade Lost City & Sungardens Carousel results will hopefully be given to us and loaded by the end of this month.

Regards,

Cycle Events.

[/quote']

I am just baffled obout all this hargy bargy. Just look at the golfing system for exsample. It takes almost no time at all for a novise to get an official handicap, but it takes ages for the handicap to slow down a bit. Golf is a money game! The critality of measuring performance outrank cycling by miles. Not for the sake of measuring your actual performance, but rather to set a favourable seeding for favourable prizes at competitions. Maney talks louder, so why is cycling such a big deal. You might not be lazy, but you could be over regulated. Remember, cycling is supposed to be fun!

Why is it that the ones who always complain about seeding never follow the simple rules in place.

1: Speedie clearly states he has not raced in a year yet he wants a better seeding, who's fault is that,surley not Cycle events or their criteria.

2 LBie says cycling should be fun, then accept your seeding status and go out to enjoy it.

Full licensed riders riding down in open categories when it suits them, should not be a problem ifthey accept the fact that they do not qualify for the open prize money when offered by the race organizers, you cannot have it both ways.There is the reason why Jay,Nigel,Epoh,Jules and the like race A bunch and don't mess with the licensed guys.

IanJ it seems there is a very few Elites entered this year hence they pushing guys up into the Elite category.

Think about it how can someone with a seeding index greater than 7 race elite,yet it is happening on Sunday.

THIS IS NOT CYCLE EVENTS RULE BUT THAT OF THE RACE ORGANIZERS WHO DECIDE ON BUNCH SIZES.

Maybe this will be a good race to see if my carbon wheels are worth their moneyBig%20smile

The only problem is that the entire bunch will probably sit on my back wheel from start to finish and let me do all the pacing.

If you start in H on a hilly course like D2D and finish with the H bunch still hanging onto your wheel you are seriously s l o w. LOL

Sadly I kinda agree with race organisers - they need a common platform to seed riders and the superseeding platform is the only one available.

Practically though - it takes a few months to do a few seeding races and another few months for cyclelab to update the seeding. The second problem is that these races you will have started from ZZZZZ and done mostly 100km ITTs. This of course is not a true reflection of your ability when riding with your peers. It'll still take a few "race and wait for seeding to update" cycles before you end up in a group which accurately reflects your ability within a bunch of your peers.

I'm guessing it takes 3 or 4 of these cycles before you end up with an accurate seeding - anywhere from 18 to 24 months I reckon.

LOLLOL ... this is really amusing! I do not know what is worse in S.A. ... everything taking a bit longer, or the constant moaning and groaning? Come on guys!! ... the rules is clear, and if you race regularly you should not have any seeding issues. With the initial month or two waiting for the results to show - if you haven't raced for more than a year another month should not be an issue.

There is also nothing more satisfying seeing how your seeding improve over a period of a year or two ...

... just my opinion ... but please carry on .... Clap

The improvement of seeding is a slow process. Ride, get a good time, get a better group. Ride again in new group get good time, get better group.. and so on and so on. Simple realy. I went from R to C in sequential 94.7's now VA (I hope)... its a process

Here is a novel idea for us, why not just enjoy being out on our bikes, in the beautiful contry, enjoying the blue sky and the wonderful surrounds, air in lungs (maybe a bit poluted, but...) and blood in our veins..

I chatted to the CGC ladies manning the lic collection table a while back and they told me that full lic ridres riding in lic cat are not supposed to fall back but with cyclosprt lic and slotted in one of the lic batches you can fall back to one of the open groups.

I support the new way that they are going, some riders reg to enter the lic cat to get an early start when they in fact really battle to keep up with blue rinse grannies riding shopping basket bikes. This causes problems for the faster riders in A, B starting after when they have to navigate around them. The fast guys starting out will unfortunately be unhappy but imo its seems a fairer solution.

The improvement of seeding is a slow process. Ride' date=' get a good time, get a better group. Ride again in new group get good time, get better group.. and so on and so on. Simple realy. I went from R to C in sequential 94.7's now VA (I hope)... its a process

Here is a novel idea for us, why not just enjoy being out on our bikes, in the beautiful contry, enjoying the blue sky and the wonderful surrounds, air in lungs (maybe a bit poluted, but...) and blood in our veins..[/quote']

As with all things in life - anything that is worth it comes at a price.

A good (or acceptable in some rider's case) seeding takes time to achieve, and its something one has to work for. In the end the wait is worth it.

It frustrating, but well worth it.

You can't fight this system, so just go with it, do the races and bide your time

and as said already enjoy the process

When I started in the early 90's you only moved up in the rankings once a year and that was when you renewed your club/STPPA (Souther Transvaal Pedal Power Ass) membership. YOu then had a permanet number that you used for all STPPA affilated races and a little sticker to say in which group you started. That was not even licensed then. Those guys still had their own groups.

When I started in the early 90's you only moved up in the rankings once a year and that was when you renewed your club/STPPA er Transvaal Pedal Power Ass) membership. YOu then had a permanet number that you used for all STPPA affilated races and a little sticker to say in which group you started. That was not even licensed then. Those guys still had their own groups.

If that refers to the A, B,C D cat then that system was misused, the chairman of the club i belonged to at the time who never beat me in a race promoted himself to B while i was stuck in D.