D2D re-seed

Speed Devil

I sent the organisers of the D2D an email asking for a re-seed.

I do not have an index on the superseeding website as I have not been riding for almost 2 years.

I gave them the winning times of the race and my time with a calculated index.

They have replied and said:

"Good Morning Sean

Unfortunately this is not possible.
The rules are set to be fair to all cyclist participating, If we reseed you
based on this it to a disadvantage of all the other riders in the field.
This is the fairest and most direct way to do this.

Sorry we could not help.

Kind Regards"

I mean like WTF!!!!! How can this be a disadvantage to other cyclists!!!?

I rode the races, done a good time , but now I must wait until the results eventually end up on the superseeding ladder before I start getting decent seedings in races. And if they did not know it, the races I done were on the superseeding ladder.

They're just too damn lazy to go look up my results and confirm it on Racetec and Championchip's sites!!!!

Speed Devil2009-09-09 06:01:29

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to my world!

I did duathlons and mtb in 2007 - was even chosen to represent SA at World Duathlon Champs that year - in 2008 I tried to do a road race and get reseeded....no chance - I had to start at the back and do a few 100km slow rider dodging time trials then wait 3 months for the log to be updated before I had a seeding.

Ironically I licensed a few months later and race VA now.

My advice - suck it up - get stronger doing 100km TTs and wait it out until the super cycling ladder gets redone (every year or so) and then ride near the front. Or license - if you're strong enough...

That is part of my gripe. I am a fully licensed rider and should be in the VA category.

But ja, just like our wonderful guverment the cycling fraternity knows how to ignore those that keep them where they are.

Hi Sean,

As per the SuperSeeding Criteria, it takes at least a month after a race has occurred that the results become available for us to load the results onto the ladder. The rules state:

1.     The race must be 90km or longer.

2.     The race must be Chip Timed.

3.     The race must have a minimum of 850 finishers or at least 2 of the professional teams (min. 5 riders per team) participating in the event.

4.     The details of each rider must accompany the time especially the ID no.

5.     Results will be added 1 month after completion of the race. (Providing the data is correct).

6.     Races will be taken off the SSL as soon as the next year?s event has been loaded (or a year has past), except for the Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour results that will stay on for two seasons.

As you mention, you haven?t raced for 2 years, so we have no results for you. It is not a case that we are to lazy to look up results, but the Sungardens Carousel & the Powerade Lost City results have not been finalised and provided to us (it is not a case of copying and pasting from 1 website to another, the data needs to be given to us by the timing company / race organiser). So we cannot use these results, and therefore cannot make an exception just for you, as it is unfair for all the other entrants. As stipulated above, the results are only used for a year (except for Argus); so we cannot use your results from 2006 & 2007. Seeding is not a ?profile? of a cyclists racing career, it is a rider?s current form within a year.

The Powerade Lost City & Sungardens Carousel results will hopefully be given to us and loaded by the end of this month.

Regards,

Cycle Events.

So you are saying that the super seeding ladder is the be-all-and-end-all for all races? If it's not on super seeding ladder then it doesn't exist?

Because the races I have done conform to all the above criteria except that my results aren't on the super seeding ladder.

Is it too much of a hassle to check my details on the respective timing company's website?

So like the rest of South Africa I will patiently sit on my butt and wait for the wheels to turn slowly until things finally happen.

Cycle Events, while you are here can you answer a question for me please.

I entered my son for the D2D in the Open/Seeded category but his sms received yesterday has him riding Elite. Is that because he has a full racing licence and if so can he change to Open at registration?

That is part of my gripe. I am a fully licensed rider and should be in the VA category.

But ja' date=' just like our wonderful guverment the cycling fraternity knows how to ignore those that keep them where they are.
[/quote']

If you are fully licensed, and no a Cyclosport license does NOT count. Then you can be ask to be moved into the VA group at number collection.

So you are saying that the super seeding ladder is the be-all-and-end-all for all races? If it's not on super seeding ladder then it doesn't exist?

Because the races I have done conform to all the above criteria except that my results aren't on the super seeding ladder.

Is it too much of a hassle to check my details on the respective timing company's website?

So like the rest of South Africa I will patiently sit on my butt and wait for the wheels to turn slowly until things finally happen.

If I may lay my egg here - yes, Speed, you will have to wait your turn.

Its the way it works. Mega frustrating, but yes it is the most fair system which treats everyone equal.

I started the year in the Fast One Bunch E, because I only had 94.7 result of 08. After 7 months starting from A. Worth the wait, but def not a pleasure.

But ja' date=' just like our wonderful guverment the cycling fraternity knows how to ignore those that keep them where they are.
[/quote']

If you are fully licensed, and no a Cyclosport license does NOT count. Then you can be ask to be moved into the VA group at number collection.

Yes I have a full license. That was the whole reason for asking for a re-seed.

What irks me even more, is the fact that my cousin was fully licensed a few years ago (he was 19), with an index of about 30 at the time, and he was included in the elites group when he entered races

Speed devil did you select lic cat or open when you entered the event. Full Lic should have you in the lic start cat while open your seeding will count for open batches.

Speed devil did you select lic cat or open when you entered the event. Full Lic should have you in the lic start cat while open your seeding will count for open batches.

Not always Scotty, they can only have a certain number in each start group, if there are more licenced riders that enter than can be accomodated in a group then they have the right to using seeding even in a licenced category.

Argus is a good example, even though I normally enter and ride licenced vets it was only this year that my Argus seeding was good enough to put me in the category, previously I was in B or C.

The opposite sometimes also applies, Sonic entered Open/Seeded for D2D but because there was space in Elites and he has a good enough seeding he was put into that category. They have confirmed that he can move down to Open at registration.

Okay that does not look right, ...normally.

I've entered cylclosprt guys (reluctantly) slower than me in lic cats and they've been accepted. All i can think that has happened is this being an Argus qualifier they've used the same criteria whereby any one entering a lic cat is first checked for seeding and that group is filled using existing seeding. On checking your entry they saw you dont have a current seeding so allocated you to the Open groups applying the sedding criteria.

Maybe this will be a good race to see if my carbon wheels are worth their moneyBig%20smile

The only problem is that the entire bunch will probably sit on my back wheel from start to finish and let me do all the pacing.

Or maybe I could just load the coolerbox and mount it on the back of the MTB and go out for a real jol...Damn, I haven't done that for agesWink

Afterall, I won't be getting any hectic seeding from starting in H
Speed Devil2009-09-09 06:57:24

Not always Scotty' date=' they can only have a certain number in each start group, if there are more licenced riders that enter than can be accomodated in a group then they have the right to using seeding even in a licenced category.

Argus is a good example, even though I normally enter and ride licenced vets it was only this year that my Argus seeding was good enough to put me in the category, previously I was in B or C.

The opposite sometimes also applies, Sonic entered Open/Seeded for D2D but because there was space in Elites and he has a good enough seeding he was put into that category. They have confirmed that he can move down to Open at registration.
[/quote']

Sorry Ian just saw your reply after i hit enter. Makes sense and this is something i've been wanting to see happen for a while. but I see riders like Jules, Sonic etc being affected.  

Okay that does not look right' date=' ...normally.

I've entered cylclosprt guys (reluctantly) slower than me in lic cats and they've been accepted. All i can think that has happened is this being an Argus qualifier they've used the same criteria whereby any one entering a lic cat is first checked for seeding and that group is filled using existing seeding. On checking your entry they saw you dont have a current seeding so allocated you to the Open groups applying the sedding criteria.
[/quote']

You've lost me a bit here but I was using the Argus as an example for myself.

Let's say they have a maximum licenced vets group size of 300 entrants and they receive 350 entries into that category. They will take the first 300 based on seeding index and move the remaining 50 to open/seeded and into a group based on their current index.

If there are only 250 entries then all 250 will go into licenced vets regardless of seeding index.