Crater Cruise

mtbrd

On the Crater cruise (101) route there are A Chicken Route what do it mean

Chicken run is longer but more user friendly. Last year the Bull Run was a cake walk, the Chicken Run seemed to continue on the same district road - very safe.

That said if you are unable to do a little bit of technical riding, go for the chicken run, otherwise you will spoil the Bull run for the others wanting to ride it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man am I looking forward to my first "cruise". I'm an old school roadie who converted (mostly) to mtb 2 years ago.

Bring it on - I'm gonna whoop it's ass! Gonna be a rough month - got the cruise, the Rossgro Dlemas race, the 6hour Nissan Sammy Marks race and 3 day Cradle Quest...reminds me of my old mantra - pain is weakness leaving the body!

howzit

Will be my first one as well cant wait, just did the Northern farm race past Sunday (36 km), got my bike last week Monday so fitness still an issue.

howzit

Will be my first one as well cant wait' date=' just did the Northern farm race past Sunday (36 km), got my bike last week Monday so fitness still an issue.
[/quote']

Good luck 2wh33ls. Last year's race was my first. Really nice race

howzit

Will be my first one as well cant wait' date=' just did the Northern farm race past Sunday (36 km), got my bike last week Monday so fitness still an issue.
[/quote']

Which one you doing?

Yes, doing the CC for the first time. Always did the 25km run, you might have seen some runners on the tar road section in previous years. It has become a family weekend, since 2004, we would stay at a place next to the river, some would fish, some would run and some would do the bike. Not sure if I would be up to the 101 and the 56... maybe next year... Sorry, but I cant resist Ricky... but I have to say "Shake and bake !!!"

I am currently in Knysna, What is the wheather like in JHB and Parys.

Last Year was hot and dry and the year before was cold and wet. I prefer the hot and dry I must say.

Anyway we will take it as it comes.

See you all there.

Yes' date=' doing the CC for the first time. Always did the 25km run, you might have seen some runners on the tar road section in previous years. It has become a family weekend, since 2004, we would stay at a place next to the river, some would fish, some would run and some would do the bike. Not sure if I would be up to the 101 and the 56... maybe next year... Sorry, but I cant resist Ricky... but I have to say "Shake and bake !!!" [/quote']

Yip, we are also doing more or less the same thing - a whole weekend afair. Last year we had quite a nice dinner at a place called Hoi Paloi (or something along those lines), hope they are still there. This one is for you Gillie

20090930_225419_ShakeAndBake.gif

howzit

[/quote']

Which one you doing?

Hi doing the 56km

Yes' date=' doing the CC for the first time. Always did the 25km run, you might have seen some runners on the tar road section in previous years. It has become a family weekend, since 2004, we would stay at a place next to the river, some would fish, some would run and some would do the bike. Not sure if I would be up to the 101 and the 56... maybe next year... Sorry, but I cant resist Ricky... but I have to say "Shake and bake !!!" [/quote']

Yip, we are also doing more or less the same thing - a whole weekend afair. Last year we had quite a nice dinner at a place called Hoi Paloi (or something along those lines), hope they are still there. This one is for you Gillie

20090930_225419_ShakeAndBake.gif

Thanks Ricky ... smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

Parys has got a few good place to eat, they expand allot,

We like to go there now and again on the motorbikes for nice breakfast

So I have a entry for the Cruise, and yesterday they decided to take my car to Mamelodi with no intension to bring it back!

What was in my boot?

My helmet, cycling shoes, oakley shades*2,oakley watch, cycling toolbox, computer, saddlebag, pumps, cycling clothes, gloves, camelback and all the small accesories...

So enjoy the ride!!