Crater Cruise

mtbrd

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How technical is the Cruise? Could a roadie converting to MTB cope OK?

for sure. it's mostly on dirt roads. just be prepared for some control issues in the sandy bits by the river' date=' the dust, and the corrugations.

But Holy.....we can have some tea by the place where we first met smiley2.gif

ah, how sentimental smiley4.gif

You should have no problem roadies do very well in this race and even beat some of the more established MTB'ers.

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to go the personalised number route (extra R30 - supposed to be for a good cause), so look out for FROSTY on the 56Km ride.

I agree with you. Why not standerdize!!!! I own SS chip for Mini Tri' date=' Champion chip for CC, Winningtime for other and I just saw that I will have to fork out another R100 for some other chip in the Telkom Satelite. What are they thinking. I would like to go to 1 site and get all the info in 1 place. Eish. I recon this calls for a slow strike. I will thus do all my races and half pace Cool[/quote']

Just emagine they expecting the winners to come through in 1h20min and all only ending 3h00 + for a go slow. LOL

I decided to go the personalised number route (extra R30 - supposed to be for a good cause)' date=' so look out for FROSTY on the 56Km ride.
[/quote']

Will have look out for you.

Go for the dirt flirts. 28km Sat and 15km Sun.  did 28km last year, bit flat, doing the 28km Sat and 56km Sun this year.

Go for the dirt flirts. 28km Sat and 15km Sun.  did 28km last year' date=' bit flat, doing the 28km Sat and 56km Sun this year.[/quote']

Being fairly new, im still in the process of acquiring all the gear. Will i cope having noe hydration pack and cleats?

The dirt flirts is short and Quick, you should be fine with just a water bottle and there is a water point 1/2 way. This is a out and back on a district dirt road and on the back you will have some single track up to the finish. I did it last year still without my cleats.

It is a fun weekend. You will enjoy. They also have a bike show with all supliers with bikes on show and stuff to buy. Some good specials.