Racing to RACES, gives you a good warm up???

Guest Frail4Life

I enjoy racing to races but the fines are getting to me. Going to trade my 16 valve double overhead cam turbo charged intercooled Subaru WRX ( Wanna Race Xkse) in on a corsa lite.Wink

He is talking about cycling not cars!!!!                                                                                                                                    

Dear Hubbers

I cycle to the race for a bit of endurance training

I do the races and fun rides for the enjoyment.

I do not know if its stupid or crazy???

I just have too much energy.

What is your comments. 

didn't you do this a few years ago in Worcester and then you didn't have the energy to ride back to CT and they announced over the pa that you looking for a lift. how u getting back this year?

He rode back Ouch  We saw David coming into Rawsonville as we were heading towards the town in the vets bunch. Saw him at the finish' date=' and all he was worried about was carrying all his stuff back with him ! So he was looking for a lift again .. just for his "stuff" .. then had an offer to ride back to CT with Danny Schmeisser [he was going back via Bainskloof'] but the distance wouldn't allow him time enough to get back to CT in time for work ! So rode back alone I'm guessing via Du Toitskloof. Bonkers I tell you LOL .. and he wasn't worried about leaving his bike alone at the finish, as nobody would dare steal "that" bike LOL . David, you're a legend ! Keep it rollin'

Guest Frail4Life

Goodday Hubbers! I did try to post a report but passed out before hitting Enter. I cycled to Worcester 90km in 4h30. I then did only the 55km Medium, 1h44 with a 33km ave. After a good Burger and Fries left. On the Trip back i even got some company, 3 guys from CWC. Ok, 235km in 11 hours. Ave speed 27km. Climbing 2180 metres. Burnt 6287 calories. I do not need to Diet! Cheers guys    

Guest Frail4Life

Goodday Hubbers! I did try to post a report but passed out before hitting Enter. I cycled to Worcester 90km in 4h30. I then did only the 55km Medium, 1h44 with a 33km ave. After a good Burger and Fries left. On the Trip back i even got some company, 3 guys from CWC. Ok, 235km in 11 hours. Ave speed 27km. Climbing 2180 metres. Burnt 6287 calories. I do not need to Diet! Cheers guys    

That's what was nice about the Hyper to Hyper starting in Steeldale andWesbank Raceway... a nice (5Km uphill) ride from home.

And at least the Race 4 Victory is now only 12Km from home.

Guest Frail4Life

No do not worry. In the week I offer to help the Ladies train. They do not like to ride alone. I just ride their speed.  

I definitely find it much easier to take off at the pace the race usually starts after a 15-20 km warmup.

Some races no time to do that.., and Its hard to get going

Experienced the same in SBR on sat, didn't go for a warm up ride and took 30 mins for the first 10 km's. after that it was fine

in something like Argus/94.7 its really pointless as you need to be in the penns sooooo long before the time.

any suggestions to deal with that?