Heart Rate

Help.Me.

Kloof to cable car is my favourite climb for 8-10min climbing intervals I do that route all the time' date=' after that Kloof to Signal hill is also a cracker but Kloof to Cable rocks.[/quote']

Colonel, When you say kloof to cablecar.. You meen riding from down in town by say bachinis, or down by Vida e and then up to the cablecar?

that sounds like a good 25 mins of painDead I will need more time to do 2 x that in the morning, must dragg the ass out of bed earlyer I think..Sleepy

baby stepsLOL

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Help.Me.

Remember that sessions are different intensitys use different muscles in different ways...thats your key to designing a training program that works best for you.

For example high intensity sessions recruit the use of fast twitch muscle fibres, while as you long endurance rides train your slow twitch fibres.

So 1 could follow the other, but if you're doing sprint intervals the day after a long ride...your session will be faaar less effective because to train speed you need to be fresh to push it to your max.

Thats why most cyclists do hard intervals on a sat(even if its strength/hill climbs) and endurance rides on sunday...

Also note the muscle groups, climbing uses largely glutes and quads, while high cadence works more calves and hams. So this supports the sat/sun plan cuz you arent stressing the same muscle group 2 days in a row...muscles need 3 days at least to begin to build...its this phase that makes you faster and stronger, so dont wipe yourself off the map!

I do a tue + thur med intensity and distance, and another interval/60min TT on the wednesday, and rest mon + fri...you need to find wat works best for you.

Oh and southern suburbians...I do Rhodes memorial for convenience...its a short climb of 4-5mins, but it has a decent kick especially at the right hand bendTongue

I'm 51, 95kg, 1.76m, max HR 208, Zone 3 max - 166.

When doing a fun ride my avg HR is in the region of 170!Schwynn2009-09-29 09:49:12

Please add your weight when putting in your max/ave hr

i am 31yrs 113kg - max 184 - resting 60

i find that my heart goes up very very easily - like it is impossible (almost) for me to do a easy ride 60%-75% as everything cycling wize for me starts at 80% my peak sustainable for a hill is 88% and if i push i can do 95% anything above and i cannot breathe properly.

Something that i hope is an indication of fitness is that my HR drops quickly after efforts 

Please add your weight when putting in your max/ave hr

Why? To my knowledge' date=' weight has nothing to do with HR max.

Something that i hope is an indication of fitness is that my HR drops quickly after efforts 

It does. For it to go up quickly is fine, coming down quickly indicates (never absolute, but you know what I mean) a good fitness level.

i just want to know, not that it is related to the max HR

i just want to see if there are other big boys out there

Actually more wide boys as i am only 187cm 
Gravity2009-09-25 03:04:22

i just want to know' date=' not that it is related to the max HR

i just want to see if there are other big boys out there

Actually more wide boys as i am only 187cm 
[/quote']

i am 185cm and was 109kg before i started cycling my weight has come down to 98,99,101 depending on the weekend's stuffing. i have a constant crave for choclates(old habbits don't just die...)Embarrassed

Hey I'm one of the Wide Boys, did NF ride on Sunday, Ave heartrate 177, max 184. Im 49 and 107 kgs. If I take the old "220-age" myth then my max should be 171. What is "Max"?

Aimee Behave......

Ja guys  - it is tough being over that 100 mark, Help.Me

that is cool - i am hoping to get to 98 - that will make me happy.

Mmmmm whats that in my pocket R7.30 cool just enough for a Tempo......

Aimee Behave......

Ja guys  - it is tough being over that 100 mark' date=' Help.Me

[/quote']

you are paying way to much for your stuff

Aimee Behave......

Ja guys  - it is tough being over that 100 mark' date=' Help.Me

[/quote']

you are paying way to much for your stuff

I normally do my own"energy stuff" shopping there for we do not keep any other sweets than boxes of pvm bars and those dark choclate energy bars with the nuts.... buy bulk it's cheaper and more readily available and nice to do "carbo loading" every afternoon with a cup of coffee , which reminds me it is time for a coffee break...... they call it addiction

Hey I'm one of the Wide Boys' date=' did NF ride on Sunday, Ave heartrate 177, max 184. Im 49 and 107 kgs. If I take the old "220-age" myth then my max should be 171. What is "Max"?

[/quote']

OK, prompted me to check my data from Sunday, Ave 169, Max 189. Im 42 and 90 something KG's, yes also a wide boy.

markStockton2009-09-29 07:33:12