Northern farms

crasher

If indeed they did run out of water it is inexcusable, this race was organised by people that have organised races before so they should have known and planned for such cases, never mind a learning curve.

If a race such as the Kempton Park one which was organsied by a local school can get it right why cant they.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a great race' date=' started on time, fun route etc. The water table running out of water as well as the lack of other tables was a definate problem but I found the way that Hammerhed attacked the organiser in front of everyone just plain wrong.

If you dont have lots of medics at an event surely it would be better to have them at the start/finish, after all Northern farms is'nt that big and any part of the route can be reached by vehicle. Trying to get a message to a medic somewhere on the route and then trying to explain where to go will be a nightmare.

I enjoyed it, and will be back as I'm sure they have learned from the water table mistakes. 
[/quote']

Hey Oom, of course you enjoyed it look were you came!!!! Well done. As the crow flies racing is really getting some results. Wink.

Easy solution to the water problem. Just do one lap...... Embarrassed

I must compliment the race course builder for using every single piece of single track he could find. Also if there was an option between a technical section or a chicken route, he chose the technical section. Well done.

Far to often races at NF tend to be a bland, boring series of dirt roads and jeep tracks. Not this one. Clap Clap Clap

**highjack on**

speaking of nothern farms, my fiance and i saw a big rinkhals there on saturday morning. Was awesome, you rarely see snakes in the wild and to see such a big one very close to jhb was cool. So if you take your kids there just be on the lookout.

**highjack off**

**highjack on**

speaking of nothern farms' date=' my fiance and i saw a big rinkhals there on saturday morning. Was awesome, you rarely see snakes in the wild and to see such a big one very close to jhb was cool. So if you take your kids there just be on the lookout.

**highjack off**
[/quote']

Last week my son was bitten by what we think was a Puffy on the single track at the top of the forest near the end of the race route. Luckily for him (probably not the Puffy) his MTB shoes have tons of reinforcing round the tow area.

Hey Oom' date=' of course you enjoyed it look were you came!!!! Well done. As the crow flies racing is really getting some results. Wink.

Easy solution to the water problem. Just do one lap...... Embarrassed

[/quote']

Thanks oom! The crowfly training works...Wink I heard them anounce your name at prizegiving but I was too tired to give you gears for doing the shorty! Well done!!!

Just been reading the SA-MTB Mountain Bike Commission "Riders and Race Organizers Guide 2008" to get clarity on the requirements of organisers of SA-MTB sanctioned events which the Johnsons cycle Works at Northern Farms yesterday was.

7. What

would riders consider a successful event

The

following points are what participants would like to see at events.

Whatever else the organizer may want to include, may result in their

event being considered as a ?must do? future event by the riders.

• Adequate

parking and security for vehicles.

• Availability

of refreshment vendors at start/finish area.

• Prizes

for all categories to 3rd

place (where applicable, see 8 below)

• Sufficient

watering points en route for participants.

• Lucky

draw prizes.

• A

well marked and presented course.

So apart from the watering points a successful event.

HammerHed2009-09-28 06:01:20

Prizes for all categories to 3rd place (where applicable' date=' see 8 below) 

[/quote']

Were there prizes for all categories to 3rd place?

Prizes for all categories to 3rd place (where applicable' date=' see 8 below) 

[/quote']

Were there prizes for all categories to 3rd place?

Yes there where. Had to turn down my step daughters 3rd place as she had taken a short cut.

got to share the views of hammerhead and yeti575, its not as if this is a first time event for NF , starting at 8h30 ,it got hot really quickly , lack of tables was a problem. I rode with one bottle as i always do normaly filling at 35k mark. My fault not checking , just assumed that it would be like most races. Also having to wait around for almost 2hours afterwards for paltry prize money was shocking , should have rather gone home ,like most others.

quick note to manbearpig , if it was you who crashed 200m into the race, Your dismount scored    a   6

your 360 somesault with half pike  8   ( checked you flying past my head )

your landing    5   

The sound of the crash & landing    10

hope you and your bike ended up ok !!