Advice on heart rate monitors

Bram_on_Madone

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking on buying myself the Polar RS 800 Bike CX. I do mountain biking and running. l What are your comments om the RS 800?

Guest coenie

I have a f6 and it is a mission to try and download the data to your computer.....get something with a cable, do not trust polars sonic download thingy....it is sh1te

I would rather recommend the garmin 305 forerunner...can use in the Gym, the bike, the car etc

:-)

I am thinking on buying myself the Polar RS 800 Bike CX. I do mountain biking and running. l What are your comments om the RS 800?

There is a new model releasing in the next month, that will replace RS800cx bike will cost R4700

Well R4700 for a heart rate monitor is alot of money. But one must ask yourself what you want in a heart rate monitor and how competetive are you. The Polar RS800 is top range when it comes to competetiveness and useful information. I know there is a wide range of monitors on the market. If you own a Polar RS800, then tell us what you like about it and what is not so nice. One thing i can tell about the RS800 CX Bike is that you get all the speed sensors for your bike. It has an optional Gps which you only need to buy the receiver unit. With some of the RS800 models you get a Foot pod for running speed etc. I see the Polar RS800 as a good multifunctional heartrate monitor for the more competetive athlete. Every heartrate monitor has its features in its own range.

RS800CX Multi comes GPS and with the touch of a button change your stats from e.g. km/h when you cycle to min/km when you change over to running. You can even swim with the thing.

Obviously all other features as well, analysis, google earth, etc.

R6500 though.

Very much worth it for meSmile

I have got the polar CS200 and CS400. If you like stats such as route profile, cadence, speed, HR, ave max ect, then spend the extra buck and buy a CS400. You can down load it onto your computer and refer back to the ride with ease to compare rides. I have had mine for almost 2 years, ride 5 days a week,  I do most of my riding on a mountain bike and with all the extra bumps ect I have never had any problems. The figures on the face are also big so it is easy to read.

Well R4700 for a heart rate monitor is alot of money. But one must ask yourself what you want in a heart rate monitor and how competetive are you. The Polar RS800 is top range when it comes to competetiveness and useful information. I know there is a wide range of monitors on the market. If you own a Polar RS800' date=' then tell us what you like about it and what is not so nice. One thing i can tell about the RS800 CX Bike is that you get all the speed sensors for your bike. It has an optional Gps which you only need to buy the receiver unit. With some of the RS800 models you get a Foot pod for running speed etc. I see the Polar RS800 as a good multifunctional heartrate monitor for the more competetive athlete. Every heartrate monitor has its features in its own range.[/quote']

I dont think you get the Polar Cadence Sensor W.I.N.D with, R650 extra, otherwise I got rip off grrrr

Here is the new one RS800CX Bike Pro Team Edition' date=' with cadence sensor priced at R4795[/quote']

got one last week, and the S3 foot pod too

it's not to steep a learning curve.

I love it

got the rs800cx bike, love it. just need the footpod now, must say have been  impressed by the garmin 705 as well

No-one really seems to be mentioning the Suunto range a lot... And recommendations on that? My options are the t4c or the t6c, the Polar RS800CX. I'm looking for use on the road and in the gym.