Yes, I love steel !

Canaris

In response to the thread, I like carbon.  Like what is like, boys like girls, you like ices cream, you like holding hands.  really.

I have a steel frame and a scandium carbon mix.  I prefer the steel frame  (with a steel fork).  I am willing to have the 2 kg penalty.  In my experience recently, it does not make a difference.  After four days of riding, I was the only rider still comfortable in the saddle.........

As others will say steel is real, and life is to short to cycle carbon bikes......

i don't like holding hands after a girl's eaten an ice cream...it's all sticky...holy roller2009-10-07 09:59:30

Ja good one, I remember my first mountain bike was a cromo Marin with a rigid fork. Those steel frames just have a different sound to them. Life just becomes more complicated.

As others will say steel is real' date=' and life is to short to cycle carbon bikes......
[/quote']

Thats my man.....even thinking of ordering another PEGORETTI for myself.....Steel is Real for sure.

ahhhhh..... steel....  mmmmmmmm   

Holy... from byron to david sylvian, that's quite a jump there!

I assume you ride with toe clips and a woolen jersey as well. Your shifters are on the down tube and you wear no helmet.

You probably also prefer using dail-up versus adsl and you dont want a cell phone cause your landline works better.

You make food on a fire cause you like the flavour it gives and you grind your own coffee beans. You may even keep a cow in your backyard for milk.

Etc......

desmondalie2009-10-07 10:29:35

ahhhhh..... steel....? mmmmmmmm ?? Holy... from byron to david sylvian' date=' that's quite a jump there!

[/quote']

one was a romantic, the other a new romantic (sort of...). it's progression...kinda what this thread is so not about smiley36.gif

ahhhhh..... steel....  mmmmmmmm    Holy... from byron to david sylvian' date=' that's quite a jump there!

[/quote']

one was a romantic, the other a new romantic (sort of...). it's progression...kinda what this thread is so not about smiley36.gif

Well... I don't know, clinging to outdated ideas purely because of those yesteryear feelings could be considered romantic in the right light... and what could be more outdated the steel frames!

steel is real

I've got a steel bike' date=' that I like, Wink but I've always wondered that people meant by that? Or is it just something that rymes that doesn't realy mean anything?

Just remember that titanium is also steel.

HmmmmmmConfused

Lighter than carbon and stronger.

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused er, no.

Christie2009-10-07 21:51:15

I have a carbon  and a steel frame. I've said before if the mechanics is great, it doesn't matter what frame you ride. The carbon frame just looks a little more flashy.

Just remember that titanium is also steel. Lighter than carbon and stronger.

Um, OK.... Steel is Carbon and Iron, with some other stuff... Ti is a completely diff element...

They're both metals, if that's what you mean... But then again, so is Alu...

Ti is DIFANATELY not stronger than carbon, it is just more flexable... Carbon Fibre is the ultimate (so far) in strong material

I assume you ride with toe clips and a woolen jersey as well. Your shifters are on the down tube and you wear no helmet.

You probably also prefer using dail-up versus adsl and you dont want a cell phone cause your landline works better.

You make food on a fire cause you like the flavour it gives and you grind your own coffee beans. You may even keep a cow in your backyard for milk.

Etc......

And your point is?

I started riding with a steel bike, toe clips,woolie jersey,6  speed down tube shifters and those leather strip helmets.......oh sh!t i am old.