Yes, I love steel !

Canaris

You make food on a fire cause you like the flavour it gives and you grind your own coffee beans.

It's a well known fact that coffee beans lose most of their real character / flavour within two days of grinding, hence real coffee drinkers grind there own and real coffee roasters prefer small hand roasted batches, typically with a Probat roaster...... (2weeks post roast it's already a waste, 1 month later and it's good for cat litter and not much else)

..... and yes the Kona Project two was, and still is, the best ridged fork ever made! Wink

I assume you ride with toe clips and a woolen jersey as well. Your shifters are on the down tube and you wear no helmet.

You probably also prefer using dail-up versus adsl and you dont want a cell phone cause your landline works better.

You make food on a fire cause you like the flavour it gives and you grind your own coffee beans. You may even keep a cow in your backyard for milk.

I still don't understand why everything has to be black and white... There is space in the world for steel...and titanium and bamboo and berylium...

Whilst I will defend carbon and alu's superiority over steel to the death as the performance material of choice for bicycle frames I can appreciate a well made steel bike.

I guess that's because I do grind my own coffee becase it tastes better, prefer using my landlinebcause there is less break up, cook food on  fire - I call it braaing and eat the eggs from my own chickens in my back yard.

How boring wuld life be if we all rode a Raleigh, drove Toyota and ate MacDonalds?

The world will be a sadder place if they stop making steel bikes!

....with all my heart.

But, there are "water pipes" o/r "farm gates"; and there are truly GREAT steel frames, which are sought after, and will remain timeless handmade masterpieces. These may rightfully be classified as a work of art.

One true thing in life though is: every advantage has a disadvantage.

On the button Tarboy LOL

Looking at a good steel frame never does it justice - you have to pick it up, "ping" the tubes with a pencil and actually "feel" the craftsmanship!

Then there are the farm gates - but even then you can get a surprise. Biggest I got was an old Pug made of "Carbolite 101" (this side of pig iron) that was remarkably light?

Anyone for an Eddy Merckx STEEL frameset?

got mine already, but tell us more, size model and condition