Crater Cruise Water Points

Daxiet

No complaints from us, there was one of those small water points that had run our of water but just after that we rode through some of those houses along the river and there were taps along the road. We just stopped and filled up.

I actually found the funky juice later on a change from all the FiT we had been drinking till then ....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Agteros

Amazing that nobody complained about the vetkoek (since it is not a recognised energy food - like 'rooi koeldrank' is not a recognised energy drink)

The water points rocked! More than enough choice between water, energy drink, energy bars, fruit, food and vet koek?!. I'm fairly sure it was USN energy drink not kiddies drink...

Crater Cruise was possibly the best arranged mtb race I've been to. Course marking was superb, the single track along the river was awesome, people were friendly, water tables were spectacular, the half way time out is a great idea, venue was huge, roadie/mtbers side by side was neat and the seeded start meant no stress at the start.

GT couldn't have chosen a better race for their Golden Bike give away.

Huge kudos to anyone onvolved in organising the 'cruise!

The water points rocked! More than enough choice between water' date=' energy drink, energy bars, fruit, food and vet koek?!. I'm fairly sure it was USN energy drink not kiddies drink...

Crater Cruise was possibly the best arranged mtb race I've been to. Course marking was superb, the single track along the river was awesome, people were friendly, water tables were spectacular, the half way time out is a great idea, venue was huge, roadie/mtbers side by side was neat and the seeded start meant no stress at the start.

GT couldn't have chosen a better race for their Golden Bike give away.

Huge kudos to anyone onvolved in organising the 'cruise!
[/quote']

Can't agree more very well organised!

HammerHed2009-10-11 13:47:57

Sounds like it was the event it usually is!!!!! Pity I couldn't ride this year although I entered(Damn TUKS with their tests on Saturday)

Wow' date=' complaining about the drinks on offer at the water points! Just mind boggling...

[/quote']

yeah, crazy! looks like some okes expected a restaurant with a bar at every point.

Wow' date=' complaining about the drinks on offer at the water points! Just mind boggling...

[/quote']yeah, crazy! looks like some okes expected a restaurant with a bar at every point.

ooooooooooooh...a bar? yes please... smiley9.gif smiley4.gif smiley36.gif ...didn't do it this year, but i've always had a great time at the cruises i've done. the water points are usually brilliant. holy roller2009-10-11 17:12:45

I've seen how energetic kid's are after drinking their kiddies juice, imo its a performance enhancer and should banned.

I really enjoyed this race. Felt it was really well organized from every aspect. The water points were also amazing. Every water table gave you an option of an energy drink or water. And most of the stops had bananas. As for some of the other stops, the selection of goodies was endless. The people that manned the stops were also incredible. Hats off to people that volunteer for that. Nothing was an effort for them and they voluntarily offered to refill bottles and stock you up on bananas.

Brilliant race - loved every second of it!!!

[/quote']yeah, crazy! looks like some okes expected a restaurant with a bar at every point.

ooooooooooooh...a bar? yes please... smiley9.gif smiley4.gif smiley36.gif ...didn't do it this year, but i've always had a great time at the cruises i've done. the water points are usually brilliant.

There was a beer tent at the finish line Big%20smile

My wife and I brought up the rear of the 101km race (just under eight hours), and although we could have expected nothing more then scraps and dregs, we were greeted with well stocked water points with awesome friendly people right up to the last water point.

Well organized event. WELL DONE GUYS!

Strange. The "rooikoeldrank" was my favourite. Had a Camelbak full of orange flavoured energy drink and I hate artificially flavoured OJ drinks. I grabbed a couple of the 500ml water bottles and kept them in my vest to drink in lieu of my 3000ml of range flavoured piss I was carting around on my back.

I think it was an aweseome race, the water points were very, very well stocked and there was food galore!!! Well done to the organizers!!!Clap

The only complaints I do have are:

1) I did not win the golden bike. But I suppose that the blame lies with me and not the rooikoeldrank.

2) They got the weather wrong. Saturday was supposed to be nice and cool and not Sunday.

3) The guys from the Morewood stand did not want to give me the Zula frame for promotional purposes. Bastards.LOL