Suitable Bike Sizes - ***Advise Needed ***

omri

I'm 1.88m tall about 100kg.

I'm currently looking at buying a duel suspension bike. The problem is that the bike I'm interested in is a XL (25"). A decent Scott and I will only be doing some casual xc riding.

My questions are:

1. What is the actual size that is suitable for my length?

2. What problem do I face if I decide to buy the XL bike ?

Thanks guys.

I would think a Large is the right size... sometimes the XL is more comfortable though... you might just need a shorter stem

Omri, your length should not influence your bike size...if you think your length may be an issue be wary of white cycling shorts!

Thanks - would I not experience any difficulty with handling or any discomfort on a long outride ?? 

Large would b great 4u bud, Im 1.91 and ride a Large. If the frame is 2big for u then u will not b able 2 handle the bike as easily

i am no mtb fundi but i have heard some guys would rather have the frame a size smaller than a size too big cause it handles easier that way

Okay, is the "L" 19, 20 or 21"? I've measured my upperbody, crotch to collarbone, in relation to my road bike's top tube and it works out that I need to time my upperbody's length with 0.81. But that is for road bike. For MTB, I just add 30-50mm (using a standard 100mm stem) depending if I want a more racing or relaxing setup.

I haven't been riding for about 3 to 4 years and took the bike for a test ride yesterday. I'm not sure what to expect from the bike so I cannot tell if it shout be comfortable or uncomfortable ??

the bike felt great and was very responsive.

I'm soooo confused ....