Have u got cycling verbal diarrhoea?

Konaman

Do you talk to much about cycling when among friends or cycling buddies?

Konaman2009-10-18 14:02:49

caught up with my varisty mates a couple of weeks ago havent seen them in 5 years.  No im all into cycling, and they keep looking at me like im crazy.

Had a couple of braais with friends, all cycling, and one once remarked that we actually all cyclists, but at the braais we never talk about cycling.

I think people are getting sick and tired off me just talking about cycling. That?s why I?m on the hub can talk cycling to everyone and no one gets tired of it.Big%20smile

every sportsman talk about their sport. Just depends on what you talk about. General speculation on international topics etc is ok - talking bout how you won a race - not cool if you were not asked to explain in full detail.

Some people like to blow their own horn - that just irritating.

My friends just love to hear me talking about cycling, its all they realy want to hear, over and over, stories of races, training, bum cream, leg shaving the works.

I don't have cycling verbal diarrhoea but do know a few people that doDead

LOLLOLLOL  name please !!!!
hagar2009-10-19 07:57:22

i'v got a complex about it!! i dont bring up cycling at braai's etc. and if asked "are you still riding" i just say "i'm ticking over"!!! i try not engage in cycling conversation.... odds are you will get a remark about "some cyclists the other morning were hogging the road" or even worse " i'v just started cycling, can i join you on tomorrow mornings ride"??? 

I used to tell ppl about my riding but now I try avoid it, although I do get asked I am the same as Bat-ass... give em a.. nah I'm unfit...or still rolling or something.

Hate cycling verbal diarrhee... nothing worse at a braai or social event, especially for non-cyclist (which I was until a couple of months ago).

It's like someone talking shop at a work social or PC Geeks telling you how they PAWNED some dude in World of Warcraft.

Time and a place or everything....  amen.   :)

Guest colonel

Try stay as far away from it as possible, I even stopped riding with mates who spoke about it on rides all the time-training this, see at the TDF do that blah blah.

If we at a social thing I dont even tell people I ride a bike or what I do for a living wrt to Motocross aswell cause everyone is a "Biker" and they seem to have an "I" problem "when I did this and when I did that on a bike....

also try to avoid it....generally the people dont have a cooking clue of what it means to ride licenced.

they think its all fun and games and easy

then eventually you get a "ah im sure youl make it to the tour de france...someday" remark, or they start talking about how awsome lance was ... haha

the worst is when they ask to join in a ride Confused

Yep i talk cycling all the time. Invite as many people to socials just to talk cycling.

I tell em how good i am even though i always finish in the second half of the cycling entrants and its all about me and my cycling you see. Then when they ask if they can join me then i am sorry to say that erm i cant afford to be held back by such week pathetic beings who remotely think they can keep up with me.Wink

Anyway i seem to need to recyle some freinds as no one wants to braai with me anymore er er er anyone up for a braai this weekendThumbs%20Up

Hey Ira, come over for a braai this weekend. I need cycling buddies around the camp fire Thumbs%20Up

(EDIT: You can also back me up on how I wiped out at Oak when I did cleat training. Remember me nearly drowning in that pool or was it a lake of water. Heck, I cannot get that smell out of my shoes.)

Well I was telling some camp fire cycling stories two weeks back at our regular office braai. The braai was to welcome our new MD. Turns out he did the Epic. Awesome. Was a great evening

cbrunsdon2009-10-19 16:24:31