Burry Stander vs Andy Schleck

XTC OKE

Apparently this happened yesterday......any idea of the outcome!!???

Burry's TWITTER..."football last nite was awsum...andy and i hurt bad going up the mountain today' date='twice!...on my way back to rsa...baller...12 hours ago....[/quote']

Try Andy's twitter page..Wink

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently this happened yesterday......any idea of the outcome!!??? Burry's TWITTER..."football last nite was awsum...andy and i hurt bad going up the mountain today' date='twice!...on my way back to rsa...baller...12 hours ago....[/quote']

?

Try Andy's twitter page..Wink

I did try Andy Schleck's page...but it was last updated on the 12th.... smiley18.gif

Andy Schlek: "I've been kept busy since my abortive ride at the Worlds. The last few days have been spent in Madrid at Specialized's - our team's bike sponsor - expense. They flew me and Burry Stander out and had us compete in a kind of cycling celebrity death match. Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme, but for anyone who isn't familiar with Burry, he's the World Under-23 mountain bike champion and most importantly, he's quick. Very quick.

For a laugh - and I use that term lightly - Specialized had us ride up a 12-kilometre climb with me taking the road path and Burry fighting his way up the off-road trail to the top of the climb before swapping bikes and giving each other's sport a go. As you would expect we both dominated our disciplines but I had a great time on the mountain bike. I do a bit of it during the winter here in Luxembourg but it's been a while since I've been on a mountain bike. It was a lot of fun."

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/37729460.jpgAWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&ampExpires=1256591011&ampSignature=6nTuLuTVh4zZPHSOtVYrJcLGEs8%3D

hahaha! thanks for the link. love the bit about not wearing a suit at the tour launch: "My fashion sense might not be that slick but my quick-fire responses are."

Star has to be Burry any body remember Burry leadig the boys in the argus a few years back

Star has to be Burry any body remember Burry leadig the boys in the argus a few years back

I dont know.. The link earlyer didnt state anything.. has anyone found the actual result?

Yes I remember Burry in the argus. but Andy sais he also does some mtbiking.. and I havnt seen Burry ride away from the pack in the TDF yet...

But I really want it to be Burry

Wink must admit it would be great for Burry to take it - How it some local organisers getting burry and siphiso nhlapo on the same track

Saw Burry today, he said it was a local magazine that put the whole thing together as marketing and publicity, all harmless fun.

Um... as far as I can remember from everything I've read, they did the route twice. Once on the a road bike, and once on a mtb bike and as per Andy, they dominated their respective disciplines...