van Gaalens charging

Borriz

I build a lot of singletrack. It takes a ton of time and a chunk of dollars!

I still wish that SA mtb'ers would start taking the Canadian and American attitude and build a section of singletrack every month.

Pack a sandwich, foldable spade and a few frosties and head off?with your?mates?to your favourite riding spot for a few hours of building.

R25 for VG is a bargain!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I build a lot of singletrack. It takes a ton of time and a chunk of dollars! I still wish that SA mtb'ers would start taking the Canadian and American attitude and build a section of singletrack every month. Pack a sandwich' date=' foldable spade and a few frosties and head off?with your?mates?to your favourite riding spot for a few hours of building.R25 for VG is a bargain![/quote']

i don't think people appreciate how much goes into building and maintaing trails. i agree that it's a bargain.

I build a lot of singletrack. It takes a ton of time and a chunk of dollars! I still wish that SA mtb'ers would start taking the Canadian and American attitude and build a section of singletrack every month. Pack a sandwich' date=' foldable spade and a few frosties and head off with your mates to your favourite riding spot for a few hours of building.R25 for VG is a bargain![/quote']

i don't think people appreciate how much goes into building and maintaing trails. i agree that it's a bargain.

I used to run bouldering courses, and we tried to implement similar at the park we ran out of. Started off ok, untill people realised they'd actually have to put in a little effort to maintain the hiking trails. Ended up being just me and my partner as usual making and maintaining the trails. Think it's something to do with the south african mentality.

I build a lot of singletrack. It takes a ton of time and a chunk of dollars! I still wish that SA mtb'ers would start taking the Canadian and American attitude and build a section of singletrack every month. Pack a sandwich' date=' foldable spade and a few frosties and head off?with your?mates?to your favourite riding spot for a few hours of building.R25 for VG is a bargain![/quote']

I used to run bouldering courses, and we tried to implement similar at the park we ran out of. Started off ok, untill people realised they'd actually have to put in a little effort to maintain the hiking trails. Ended up being just me and my partner as usual making and maintaining the trails. Think it's something to do with the south african mentality.

yeah, that sense of entitlement. white south africa perfected the art of sitting on the porch and watching others do the work for them.