FORK HELP (Marzocchi Jnr.T)

darnijl

I just bought a 2006 Marzocchi Junior T

How do you know if your rebound is too high?

If I press

down and pop up for like a wheelie, my fork shoots outs a bit and makes

a bit of a noise... It's not too bad... But ya. I tried twisting its external rebound to the lowest but it can't turn more...?

Oh. My Junior T is not collaborating nicely with my Avid Codes. And my Avid Codes aren't collaborating nicely with me. How?

Like this right...

When I got my fork I tried to put the front caliper on it.. The fork came with an adapter. I also have two adapters from my previous fork (2001 Marzocchi Monster T). These adapters are: 185mm rotor adapter & a ummm... post-mount adapter??? Confused unsure

None of these work. I have tried soooo many combinations... the Junior T should have the same 'post-mount' as the Monster T, right?

Sounds like your rebound is too fast as you said, the fork might need a service.

Had a similar problem (I think), just got it back from a service last week and it's now gone.

How and why don't they work?

What mounting type is on the fork? ISIS or Post-mount?

What type of calipers? ISIS or Post-mount?

What size rotor?

Maybe silly questions but perhaps warranted?

Post pictures of the adaptors, fork, etc. so we can get a visual image of what the problem is.

Fiddled with brake adaptors and spacers. All good.

And turns out my 'rebound' dial I was turning wasn't for rebound, but rebound dampening.. So when I made it the lowest thinking this'll make rebound lowest I was actually making the dampening itself the lowest.

Woops.

Fiddled with brake adaptors and spacers. All good.

And turns out my 'rebound' dial I was turning wasn't for rebound' date=' but rebound dampening.. So when I made it the lowest thinking this'll make rebound lowest I was actually making the dampening itself the lowest.

Woops.[/quote']

You are not alone in your confusion. I think some 40% of high end fork owners haver no idea what the different dials and buttons do. They all seem to know what lockout does but compression and rebound damping is a mystery to most.

Rebound damping is a setting that determines how fast or slow the fork shoots back (rebounds) after compression.

Compression damping is a setting that determines how fast or slow the fork can be compressed. At its extreme ON setting, compression damping is known as Lockout.

These two settings are completely independent. They are also the only damping settings a fork or shock can have, all other settings being a permutation or variation on these two settings. 

In my view we need a high quality, lightweight fork without any of these two settings. It should be factory set to the middle. If you then want to change something, you can change the oil viscosity.