cat eye query two

1hill@aTime

is it possible to lenghten the cable to the sensor for back wheel or can you buy a longer one to reach the back wheel?

Save all the problems buy a garmin edge, with cadency monitor, or go the polar route if you like sticking things on your spokes.

Guest Big H

Some cables are two core cables and they can be lengthened by using very fine soldering as there are minimal wiring to work with. Also use shrink wrap to seal the joints. Some cabling looks like TV wire. with a core and a shield wire around it. This cannot be joined. You will not know untill you cut the wire which type it is. Talk to your LBS. Most Cateye wiring can be ordered in different configurations. Some are offered for tandems. This might work for you. Also look at the Cateye website or your Cateye installation pamphlet for accessories available.

The Cateye Astrale 8 is installed on the back wheels which makes it suitable for indoor trainer use.

Depending on the model, i will give you some part numbers.

Enduro 300 = 1699305 Bracket sensor long

Velo 8          = 1699307 Bracket sensor long for Centre Mount

Mt 300         = 1696565n ,,,  Normal mount

call- 0861-SHIMANO

thanx steven will have to look at the part number, it does the job for the meantime that's why i don't want to buy another.

Yes Cateye do have a long cable kit for Velo 8 which is centre mount which means its clamped on your stem.The part number is on the last reply to you,if i can assist further please advise

rgds sm

you can lengthen some of them,depends on the design,and cables.i have mated a sigma mount with a cateye sensor wayback in the day.worked a charm,but buying a longer cable is safer,and you still have a bit of a warranty if it becomes an issue.