Die Burger - thumbs up!!

Cassie

Wow...my first road race!! Could not have been better conditions. (near perfect I'd say)

Finished in 4:20 and felt strong after the finish...last 10 km's was touch n go with some cramping trying to break out.

Must say, I was very impressed witht eh overall organisation....well done chaps!!ClapClap

What did you guys/gals think of the race?

Yeah, that is probably the only issue that I will change...

But difficult given the masses of cars and the available space...

Should they move the venue?

It almost added another 10km to my race distanceLOL
Cassie2009-11-29 09:51:02

Well done. I think the conditions did turn out perfect although it did feel like the wind was constantly from the front. The climb before Malmesbury also made things interesting.

I made sure I arrived extra early at 5am to park at the start. But it must have been terrible to accommodate 4000 people's worth of cars.

It was nice to have some space to sprint at the end without having to squeeze into a 3m wide line and deal with cones of death!

Great event and excellent weather! Thanks to the organizers.

We had perfect conditions for this year's race. Must say the loss of Helshoogte in the beginning made things MUCH more enjoyable for me...

And I knocked off 30 minutes from my time for the same course... Engen Dynamic. So I'm happy. But my left foot isn't. Got hot-foot at about the 60km mark and was in absolute agony for the rest of the ride.

BUT it was a lekker ride, even taking that into consideration!

Well done to the organizers. Marshalling was excellent, and parking wasn't a problem for me. Just had to get there early enough to miss the traffic. It's your fault if you didn't foresee the problems that would arise due to 1500+ cars getting into a limited area...

Start need 2 b moved about 5kms-solution to traffic jam, toilets - before the race there was 1 for every1000 people but after the race i saw a few more.

I totally agree.

The only traffic on the road was riders who left it to ythe latest to get to the event.

There is enough parking. I cycle to the event and at 5H40 when I started to get the ""cones"", I could not believe that there was no traffic, as I got closer to the start, i saw some back-up traffic, all trying to get into the wine farm.

Now,, I also cycled back home and could not believe the amount of cars and how long the stretch of parked cars was.

So, for me, to get there so late and moan and bitch about parking.. were will you park in Stellenbosch? if we have to start there?

I think they need to keep the event at Nelsons, the only cars on our route was the bit between Malmesbury and the left turn.

We had a almost car-free race, safe and a nice healthy Bosmankop Challange.

Well done to the orginizers, very enjoyfull and great ride.

We had perfect conditions for this year's race. Must say the loss of Helshoogte in the beginning made things MUCH more enjoyable for me...

And I knocked off 30 minutes from my time for the same course... Engen Dynamic. So I'm happy.

This race was realy nice and I also knocked off 26 min on this course so I'm realy happy. Did it in 2:53:30Big%20smile

Good event, can't decide which route I prefer. Would do either of them again. Pity about all the littering by riders as usual. On that note: VA 400 please bring your mother along next year to pick up your rubbish.

Also enjoyed the ride. legs were in cramp mode for last 30km but even so I had a very enjoyable day.

Had a good ride, not my favourite route. No chance to get away from the big bunch. Was fun rolling at 50km/h from Malmesbury to Wellington turn off. Finished in my group's © bunch. Will be happy to go over Hels again next year