Die Burger - traffic & Racetec

PeterM

The traffic to Die Burger was really bad. 2km trafficjam on the N1 and then slow bumber to bumber to the venue. I left Cape Town at 5am and got close to the start just before 7am. Big panic as i missed my start time. I parked next to the road 5km away and raced to the start.

Once i got to the start i just joined the next starting group which was N or P. 

Had a good race despite that bad start. Now i saw that Racetec used my original starting group as my starting group and time - and that makes my race time terrible!!

My question: has this happened before and how does one best "tackle" Racetec to get my race time changed (or rather my starting time changed)??? I have emailed them.

Thanks,

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

racetec mesed timing up regularly...dont even ask for your times to be changed...wasting ur time!

racetec mesed timing up regularly...dont even ask for your times to be changed...wasting ur time!

But what i do not understand is - i went over the timing mat at the start and at the finish. So why did Racetec not use the given and recorded time?

There were quite a few in that late start group who also had a much lower starting numbers. Did it happen to them as well?
PeterM2009-11-29 11:05:56

This is a little odd to be honest - the timing mats register the chip as it goes over it. It has no idea that you might be a "F" seed but decide to start in "T", it just talks to the computer via the mat.

I suggest you advise Race tec that you feel there's a problem with your start time. Send them your polar/garmin data if you have it but don't hold your breath - they are pretty much bound to accept what the timing mats & subsequent data that is captured tells them.

But give it a go. You never know, they might find a glitch happened.

Good luck.

But look on the bright side, when you start with those slow-coaches in "L" at the Argus & you should be in "C" , you'll have a great opportunity to win your group!

did you cross the timing matts at the same time as the others did in the group you started with?

Your time should not be affected.

Normal rules stipulate that you are allowed to join a group further back but not higher up, so if you joined a group further back that should have no effect on your actual time.

Same problem here. Dropped back to P to cycle with my fiance. We crossed the start & finish mats at the same time.

According to Racetec I started in G & cycled exactly 21 minutes longer than her :-|

good luck with fighting racetec. i did a 2:50 for argus and according to racetec i did it in 6hours!! they didnt believe me even after i sent them my data from my garmin.

Same problem here. Dropped back to P to cycle with my fiance. We crossed the start & finish mats at the same time.

According to Racetec I started in G & cycled exactly 21 minutes longer than her :-|

We must have been in the same group. Also had a G starting number and most properly started in P. So we are in the "same boat". I timed myself at +-3h15 but Racetec's time gives it at 3h38.

did you cross the timing matts at the same time as the others did in the group you started with?

Your time should not be affected.

Normal rules stipulate that you are allowed to join a group further back but not higher up' date=' so if you joined a group further back that should have no effect on your actual time.[/quote']

Yes i went over the mats with that group. I was at the back as i just joined them after racing from my parked car 5km away.

Guest Agteros

They got it right for me in the 94.7

I fell back from G to XX, and they have me starting in XX with the same time as what I timed myself....

So their systems do cope with riders falling back...

We also got stuck in traffic, so I dropped back and started in M.  My time shows correctly though.  Did you go over the mats at the start?

We also got stuck in traffic' date=' so I dropped back and started in M.  My time shows correctly though.  Did you go over the mats at the start?[/quote']

Yeap, went over the mats. I alwasy make sure that when I go over the mats the timing chip is as close to the mat as possible.

i think you did mention after the race that you saw me going past you during the race.

It looks as if ur starting time was taken from the predefined starting time for da group i.e if u have an A number but u start in C, u r timed from A starting time n not C as in other races.

I was supposed to start in F, but due to traffic left from G, racetec correctly picked that up and matched the time registered on my telemetery, so I feel lucky that I didnt lose out. I was afraid I would not get a time as I didn't go thru the norrow start mats that they normally have at the funrides. They obv had them on the actual start line tho. U guys wont believe how suprised I was to see that I registered a time.