Cyclist Killed near Durbanville

Cicada

Durbanville cycling community are stunned!

Bennie Booysen was tragically killed whilst training alone near Durbanville on Saturday. A 49 year old driver of a blue Jetta has been charged with culpable homicide....!!

The closer it gets, the more it hurts!!

Our heart goes out to his loved ones!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not lekker. we were on that road yesterday. The aArgus says it happended near the Silo's .. is that true? Lets all pray for the family at this hard time

condolences to friends and family. its never nice to hear news like this. especially when one rides on these roads most days

RIP indeed.

I am concerned with the lack of respect that motorists shows cyclists on Cape Town roads. Our representing bodies make a lot of noise arounf tragedies then it dies away.

But I also ask, when are cyclist going to take responsibility for their own lives by making a bigger noise about what we want?

When is this carnage going to end? It freaks me out each time one of us goes down. Our thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones.

Get off the road and into the bush!

Wasnt that interesting..

Comment about cyclists and motorists respecting one another and urging cyclist to ride in groups and wear reflective clothing.

Also mentioned the tuesday night rides at Kilarney.