Need a "Toyota" Mountain Bike

Plentipotential

I was in similar position when I bought my Anthem in 2006. Experienced exactly the same issues. What I've done since then is:

Wash after every ride including cleaning chain

Upgrade wheelset to XT,XTR and Hope Hubs with Mavice 819 rims - never looked back and hardly any servicing required on these 3 wheelsets.

Service pivit bearing at least once a year - this will safe your rear shock services

Lastly, ride higher cadence (90 upwards). This means less forced power on chain and therefore less friction and strain on drive train and cassette.

Perhaps look at cleaner lines when you bomb down hills. The Anthem soaks up big hits but you won't believe what those small hits do to a bike. Previously I would replace a saddle after 2000km on my hardtail (broken rails). Replaced my saddle after 20,000km on my anthem (worn seams)

How do you wash your bike and your drivetrain? HP washer?

Chain and cluster get removed and washed in parafin, bike gets washed with car soap, hot water and a sponge/brush, spray off with hose!

I lube the chain regularly, squirt for dry, motorex for wet.

Wheels are DT Swiss 370 hubs.

Then I will recommend to ride with other guys to check their lines and perhaps adjust yours.

Secondly, check your pivots and lastly cadence.

I was honestly close to ditching my Anthem beginning of 2008 because of all the running repairs. But have had some success since adjusting my ride style

mmm the drivetrain sounds good for 8000km

fork service . .  according to the manuals you are supose to it something like every 50hrs of riding.

how much do you weigh?

the heavier you are and the more you brake the faster youre pads wear.

How do you wash your bike and your drivetrain? HP washer?

Chain and cluster get removed and washed in parafin' date=' bike gets washed with car soap, hot water and a sponge/brush, spray off with hose!

I lube the chain regularly, squirt for dry, motorex for wet.

Wheels are DT Swiss 370 hubs.
[/quote']

Your problem might actually be too much maintenace. Try giving your chain a clean with either a clip on chain scrubber or the shake in a bottle method. Use a mild degreaser instead of parrafin. Give the rest of your bike a dry brush or damp cloth wipe down. Keep the car soap for your car and the hose for the wet t-shirt comp.

I know its not cool to have a dirty bike but just give this a bash for a while which will either point to or eliminate your bike cleaning method.

I really think your cleaning is too aggressive and your are trying to fix things that aint broke.