Flat Bar vs Riser Bar (MTB)

Johan A Marais

Ya you mountain bikers and your riser bars and crap are so superficial.

I bet you don't shave your legs although you really want to but are afraid someone will laugh at you.

Camelbak no camelbak...dual sus or HT.... makes you wanna go curl up in the foetal position rocking back and forth to sooth your nerves after a ride.

Roadies dont worry about any of that stuff... we just buy the best of the best of the best and do whatever it takes to fit in... if you must shave your armpits...so be it!

Tongue

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Damn straight we'll do anything to fit in... Hell, I'll even be tempted to leave my dop at home and use a cloth cap just so Mr Aron Somebody will notice me...Big%20smile

TNT12009-12-22 03:18:11

Roadies dont worry about any of that stuff

what about your flat top bars and conventional bend or ergo or shallow drop or normal. Don't forget the gel bar tape and the cut away seat.

what about your flat top bars and conventional bend or ergo or shallow drop or normal. Don't forget the gel bar tape and the cut away seat.

Silly manfrog. Being a roadie is easy, you just get the most expensive one. That's the right one, and the one that helps you fit in the mostBig%20smile

you forgot the shave your legs and then dress up in European team kit that either represents a Bank of a group of dagge smoking hippies masquerading as a Health Store.

Silly manfrog. Being a roadie is easy' date=' you just get the most expensive one. That's the right one, and the one that helps you fit in the mostBig%20smile

[/quote']

Exactly... if everyone has ergo bends then that is the one for you. The peloton will dictate.

The peloton will dictate.

The herd mentality... Takes all the stress out of decision making and figuring out how to fit inThumbs%20Up

To mis-quote Sally Field: "You like me, you really like me", that's all we're after...Big%20smile

The problem with Mtbikers is that they are all one their ..."In it for the soul dude" attitude and then they all want to ride solo and have individual bikes.

That is why there are several thousand different Full sus frames and to make matters worse you can tune your own suspension to make them all ride differently. hundreds of bars and infinite tires and compounds.

Have you ever seen a roadie change tires because of wet weather?

Have you ever seen a roadie change tires because of wet weather?

but they do change complete wheelsets when the wind picks up ot complete bikes when they go for a solo ride against a clock that is mounted on top of a car.

You think Cipo ever changed his Lube? LOL

I don't think he even changed his underwear.

Shocked  Manfrog thinks Cipo would have been the perfect MTBiker.