Northern farm

doreen

Are there not any policeman, woman on this forum? We could go set a little trap and get these little f&*%s sorted out onceand for all.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope folk have relayed this to NF and Simon Nash' date=' who also commented on Mands thread, pg 6.
There is an armed response unit patrolling NF as well, reckon info like this would greatly assist them.
Police reservists on private land doesn't seem feasible, especially the long run. imo... Although, reporting this is one thing we can do.
Perhaps this time of year it would be prudent for the security guys to increase patrols.
Use your season ticket, if we start giving up on riding at great venues such as this, those bastards win!
[/quote']

Yes, there is an armed response unit but the Farm is too big and we cannot rely on their patrols to keep us totally safe. We did roughly a 3 and a half hour ride there on New Year's Day and never saw the patrol once during the ride. I spent seven hours there in total and only saw the patrol dude while we were chatting in the parking lot. The Farm was exceptionally quiet this weekend.

If you are interested in getting involved to try improve the situation the best is to contact Simon Nash. I am meeting with him at the Farm on Saturday.

Cheers mandibles, thats why I mentioned that it may be an idea to increase patrols over this festive period.

From your observations it seems as if they were lax patrol wise, due to the farm being so quiet with activity.

In the past I've seen them on a fairly regular basis whilst riding there.

What time on Sat? Happy to pop past.

Although I'll say at the outset, I am not getting involved in actively patrolling NF.

More than happy help where I can, but am already committed with other volunteer jobs. As well the fact that there is a private security firm responsible for securing the perimeter of NF.

Cheers mandibles' date=' thats why I mentioned that it may be an idea to increase patrols over this festive period.
From your observations it seems as if they were lax patrol wise, due to the farm being so quiet with activity.
In the past I've seen them on a fairly regular basis whilst riding there.

What time on Sat? Happy to pop past.
Although I'll say at the outset, I am not getting involved in actively patrolling NF.
More than happy help where I can, but am already committed with other volunteer jobs. As well the fact that there is a private security firm responsible for securing the perimeter of NF.[/quote']

Thanks D Dassie. Simon will be around the clubhouse from 9 am onwards.

I'll be in for that' date=' it might make their tactics more violent though...[/quote']

i'm up for that. i reckon what we need to do is get some sort of tracking device in the "mark" bike. let them do want they want with me, let them take the bike, track it back to where these bastards are hiding out and bust them there. would frighten the crap outta them. what do you think?

I'll be in for that' date=' it might make their tactics more violent though...[/quote']

i'm up for that. i reckon what we need to do is get some sort of tracking device in the "mark" bike. let them do want they want with me, let them take the bike, track it back to where these bastards are hiding out and bust them there. would frighten the crap outta them. what do you think?

Could work well, would be even better with community involvement alongside the policing sector of that area and NF's private security.

Often differing crimes are interlinked to the same groups or individual criminals. So this could also provide some form of basis for criminal intelligence gathering for the area.

Imho community involvement would be key, especially considering the vital role NF plays in the community.

There was a similar problem years ago with the climbing in Waterval Boven, community involvement was key in combating and resolving the crime at particular crags.

Could work well, would be even better with community involvement alongside the policing sector of that area and NF's private security.

Often differing crimes are interlinked to the same groups or individual criminals. So this could also provide some form of basis for criminal intelligence gathering for the area.

Imho community involvement would be key, especially considering the vital role NF plays in the community.

There was a similar problem years ago with the climbing in Waterval Boven, community involvement was key in combating and resolving the crime at particular crags.

dibles tells me she will mention it to simon on saturday. let's, and i hope this doesn't sound twee, keep the farm safe. i love it there, my kids do too, and i have many friends who have come over to the dirty side after riding there. i'm sick of this crap.

100% Barry, will pop past as well, as mentioned. NF is a valuable resource for the MTB community. Plenty familys go there and those just starting out.

No way can we let this degenerate to scum!

For what it's worth, it may be a good idea to get input from Daytona who run an offroad area for quads and MX bikes. Was there last week and there is no perimeter fence I can see, they're on the doorstep of Diepsloot as well.

Setting up 'ambushes' to sort out these fellas is the kind of stupid gung ho plan that will backfire badly. Especially if one of these idiots has a gun/s.

I still want to know...WHERE DO THESE BIKES GO??????

i have been talking to many peeps about just that. it is unilkely that that there is a syndicate stealing bikes to order. it's opportunistic. three things they want: the bike; your phone; your shoes. no-one gives a crap about the value. some bikes end up over the border, but for minimum resale. if someone can sell stolen property for R50 it is is worth a lot for them. a mandrax tablet costs about half that. years ago, i spent a lot of time wih "button heads" and it's amazing to see how focused these guys can be planning their next next burglarly/robbery.

100% Barry' date=' will pop past as well, as mentioned. NF is a valuable resource for the MTB community. Plenty familys go there and those just starting out.

No way can we let this degenerate to scum!

For what it's worth, it may be a good idea to get input from Daytona who run an offroad area for quads and MX bikes. Was there last week and there is no perimeter fence I can see, they're on the doorstep of Diepsloot as well.

Setting up 'ambushes' to sort out these fellas is the kind of stupid gung ho plan that will backfire badly. Especially if one of these idiots has a gun/s.[/quote']

cool, mate! give me a shout straight after. let's fight this scourge. anyhows, off to bed after a busy day. chat soon. hubbers, stay safe, sleep tight.

Are there not any policeman' date=' woman on this forum? We could go set a little trap and get these little f&*%s sorted out onceand for all. [/quote']

Really NOT a good idea...... banish the thought from your heads. There guys are focussed and ready for retaliation. Somebody WILL get killed or hurt.

Only way to sort this out is to ride in big groups of 6 plus riders and make sure you have peper spray with you.

Also look at getting the land owners to request SAPS Mounted Unit to patrol the area on horses at peak riding times.