Carbon frame repair in KZN

shorty101

Hi guys, Im fairly new to the world of MTB. I bought a raleigh rm8 3 months ago and have literally ridden the wheels off it. While I was cleaning it this afternoon I noticed quite a nasty crack at the seat post tube that almost runs down to the top tube. Does anybody know if this can be fixed or put on the rubbish pile. If it can be fixed is there somewhere in KZN? And Lastly, does anybody have a large second hand frame that I could use while my frame is getting fixed?

Eish man... that's bad luck.

I have a large Mongoose Meteore Pro alu frame lying around... Ironically it's also slightly cracked around the seat-tube. Not terrible, but I got a replacement for it. The frame is rideable, though obviously I wouldn't do any more heavy / jumpy riding with it.

So - if you really don't come right, you're welcome to borrow / steal my frame... Not an ideal solution (especially since I'm in the Cape), but perhaps as a last resort.

Good luck - hope you find someone to fix your baby for you!

PS: aluminium for the win!!! Big%20smile (Mine just cracked coz I drink too much beer heheheheh) Tongue

Mongoos dude, I may take you up on your offer. Like a true idiot, the thought of a warrenty claim never crossed my mind. I'll give it a bash today. I'll be in the mother city the weekend of 29 Jan, all my fam live there. We can draw up an agreement and I'll return it when my frame is either repaired or replaced. Eish now I know there is a crack I'm hyper paranoid when hitting even the smallest jumps.

Shorty,

If you don't come right with a warenty, contact Brendan at Maxpaddle.

He primarily builds and repairs canoing paddles, but I belive hes has done some work on a couple of bikes recently.

Don't have his number on hand, but should not be to hard to find. He's at Kingfisher canoe club most Thursday evenings

Mongoos dude' date=' I may take you up on your offer. Like a true idiot, the thought of a warrenty claim never crossed my mind. I'll give it a bash today. I'll be in the mother city the weekend of 29 Jan, all my fam live there. We can draw up an agreement and I'll return it when my frame is either repaired or replaced. Eish now I know there is a crack I'm hyper paranoid when hitting even the smallest jumps.[/quote']

I've got a crack in my bottom bracket (Scott MC20) that probike are replacing under warranty so talk to your LBS and they should be able to help.

Apparently there is a guy in Slaapstad that also does repairs to carbon frames. PM me and I will get you the number.

Spoke to my LBS this morning and mailed them pics etc. They are pretty positive it will be replaced under warranty and will carry out major service when switching over components charging labour to warranty claim. So I get a brand new frame and only have to pay for new bits like brake pads, chain etc. Winner! Although I am concerned about the endurance of plastic MTB's.