if you train on the emporers mtb route?

Tumbleweed

You mtb lot are weird... I thought a mtb route was supposed to be' date=' um, not smooth, and I thought mud was "cool".... Um, if it was smooth and "mud-less" wouldn't it just be a road ride?Confused [/quote']

Mud is fun, that is when you can ride through it. Here they had to place board so one can ride on these, by lap 2 the boards was all over the place. Had  to do a bit of walkingthrough the mud to get to points where you could start riding again after you cleaned your drive train.

Is that your yard? lucky you got the cab' date=' and not the golf anymore... you'd have lost the golf in that... [/quote']

it is my garden. there's a slightly embarassing story about what happened after that pic was takenEmbarrassed

prepare for more rain. the view from the canteen's balcony a minute or two ago?

20100113_025812_skyline.jpg 

Is that your yard? lucky you got the cab' date=' and not the golf anymore... you'd have lost the golf in that... [/quote']

it is my garden. there's a slightly embarassing story about what happened after that pic was takenEmbarrassed

Lie down, did you?

Mud is fun' date=' that is when you can ride through it. Here they had to place board so one can ride on these, by lap 2 the boards was all over the place. Had  to do a bit of walkingthrough the mud to get to points where you could start riding again after you cleaned your drive train.
[/quote']

Ha ha - the tale of two laps! First one across the bards in a flash - the second one - boards everywhere and squwelchy black mud EVERYWHERE. It was quicker on the second lap to run most of the mud...

The rest is kinda average though - flat and fast and fun - the road crossing was crap and there were long sections where bunching was an issue...

Lie down, did you?

more of a bog-downLOL

I've only done the route when its dry and found it not too bad, but then there were not many other riders on the route so no congestion. I think the orgs have done the best they can for the area they got.

Lie down, did you?

C'mon, tell us.  Any pictures?

Is the route which runs next to the runway safe (bikejacking) to train on' date=' on a normal weekend?

[/quote']

haven't heard of or had any trouble so far... we use it on weekday mornings as well... most weekends there are groups there, try join one of them to be safe? Ask Lee, a group starts from his shop.

the forest section is awesome and they have extended the forest section .. so I would do it def again!

it is a nice morning fun race