Putting the Mountain into Mountain Biking

wildmountain

Just because you go up a mountain does not make it mountain biking. That is just off-road biking. "Mountain biking" is what you do with 120mm+ suspension bikes down a mountain.

Or a hardtail if you're a *REAL* mountain biker Wink

Ummm... You're both wrong... Real cyclists would tackle the side of a mountain on a rigid steel single speed...

Well spotted - it is indeed that road a.k.a Carlisleshoek pass. There is actually a good story behind this photo. One of the riders (Ellane Van Wyk) got her cleats stuck into her pedals, so she had to ride straight up - no stopping. For those of you who know the road, you will realise what stamina was required!

Well spotted - it is indeed that road a.k.a Carlisleshoek pass. There is actually a good story behind this photo. One of the riders (Ellane Van Wyk) got her cleats stuck into her pedals' date=' so she had to ride straight up - no stopping. For those of you who know the road, you will realise what stamina was required![/quote']

Hehe, thats funny. That concrete strip just a bit further on from this spot is crazy steep. Fun to ride down it though.

Just because you go up a mountain does not make it mountain biking. That is just off-road biking. "Mountain biking" is what you do with 120mm+ suspension bikes down a mountain.

Jaja jou klein ***. Wink Mens noem dit eintlik DOWNHILL dan, met full face, shin/knee guards and chest en elbow guards.

MTBing is enige iets met `n dikwiel af van die teerpad

Tongue I can seriously recommend the adventures posted by WildMountain. You have to be fit and daring enough though....! No, really, the folks in that part of the country truely understand adventure and hospitality. We will definitely return there ASAP.

Tongue I can seriously recommend the adventures posted by WildMountain. You have to be fit and daring enough though....! No' date=' really, the folks in that part of the country truely understand adventure and hospitality. We will definitely return there ASAP.[/quote']

Hi Ellane, You spotted your photos then? Hope you don;t mind being broadbast on the web. I wonder how many other forum members could ride that road without stopping? You're a legend up here. Thanks for your kind comments and hopefully see you soon. How are your magnificent mtb trails in Boland going.