New Rules of the Road

Stretch

Back in the day, Danny the Cat taught me two important Road Rules:

"Look left, look right, look left again" and...

"Keep Left, Pass Right"

I dont why it bugged me today so much, but I must have missed the email that says we must now:

"Keep Right, Pass Left"!!!

Damn, it seems every other turkey in a car is intent on weaving in and out traffic intent on saving that extra second.

Or maybe I am the only one that knows how to drive properly and you others are in my way all the time ?

women drivers are excluded. we expect them to be all over the place smiley36.gif

Some of them drive mildly compared to some people on our roads! Taxi's often drive off the roads to skip the whole queue!

I find that amongst the worst are those delivery boys in small cars/bakkies!

I did not receive the memos. Can someone please forward it to me. You know the one where they say you now stand in the pedestrian lines and the one where they say you start driving before the the light is green. Oh, and the one where it states that I need to put a flower on my bee sting aerial.

I did not receive the memos. Can someone please forward it to me. You know the one where they say you now stand in the pedestrian lines and the one where they say you start driving before the the light is green. Oh' date=' and the one where it states that I need to put a flower on my bee sting aerial.[/quote']

Froggy, you drive a new-age Beetle?
Gasping2010-01-22 06:48:04

Froggy' date=' you drive a new-age Beetle?[/quote']

I've seen it on everything from small PeeJoes to coupee Mercs.

The new rule I like is when I'm stuck in a queue and someone drives to the front then pushes in. Seems to be reserved mainly for people who drive expensive cars. Maybe the perceive their time to be more precious than mine.

My pet hate too!

If people are weaving it can only mean 1 thing - people are not keeping left - so people can then pass right! On a free flow 2 laned road road you should always be in the left lane unless overtaking - you should never just be driving in the right lane - and it seems at least 50% of motorist feel the need to drive in the right lane. If we as cyclist did not keep left - well we all know what happens. yet as soon as we are NOT almost on the pavement we are seen to be obstructing traffic - what motorist don't realize is cyclist are also traffic!

But back to the point it all starts with you / me - drive in the left lane - if people want to 200km/h so be it if the get a fine (lets face it that one thing in they still do - speed control)let them.

But esp on the Highways / freeways let people go as fast as they like - maybe then on the secoundary roads they will show more tolerance to other road users like cyclist as they will not be taking their frustrations out on cyclist!

My 2c worth - sorry no spell check!

my pet hate: idiots on talking on cellphones, while driving. I missed the part where that is not illegal anymore.

Froggy' date=' you drive a new-age Beetle?[/quote']

I've seen it on everything from small PeeJoes to coupee Mercs.

Modern "flower people" Wink

my pet hate: idiots on talking on cellphones, while driving. I missed the part where that is not illegal anymore.

ESP when they remain hogging the right lane on a freeway at now 70km/h in a 120km/h zone!

my pet hate: idiots on talking on cellphones' date=' while driving. I missed the part where that is not illegal anymore. [/quote']

I on the fence on this. This is an ability thing. Some people seem to put their foot on the brake as soon as there phone rings. Some people just cannot turn a corner or change gears while on the phone. While, on the other hand, some people drive just fine while talking on their phone. That said, if some cant, then all shouldn't.

One more thing - talking on the phone is the same as stuffing your face with a pie or kfc while driving!