Cradle: Cyclist takes a tumble

mr ples

News Flash: Our 24/7 National Incident Centre (NIC) received a report by 2way radio this morning from a Cradle Resident who Reported: At 09h25 Sunday 24/01/2010 whilst travelling south on the Beyers Naude Drive close to Zwartkops, a Silver 240 e Merc passed some Cyclists riding single file. A cyclists was seen going down in what seemed to be a 'Hit and Run'. Our Eye witness saw the cyclist fall, get bachk on their feet and move to the side of the road. Unfortunately our Cradle Resident could not stop to gather further info, however made our office aware of the incident.

In the interests of ensuring the safety of all road users, we The Cradle Residents are keen to find out who the cyclist is, and their state of health, and possibly assisting in supplying accurate information to address this incident.

We also request, that positive intervention and comment flow from this posting. We look forward to engaging with 'Organised Cycling' on this matter, and hope all who access the Cradle area will be equally proactive

Regards Trevor

Thanks for the update and sounds like the rider is ok, hopefully someone got the registration number.

Thank you for the feedback Trevor. We as cyclists also hope that the same positive attitude towards cyclists will enamate from the "organised residents" and motorists in the Cradle area and elsewhere.

Maybe put out a message on the radio network about the incident and try get a reg number. It's hit and run and the driver, resident or not needs to be charged. Its that simple. Works both ways.

Maybe put out a message on the radio network about the incident and try get a reg number. It's hit and run and the driver' date=' resident or not needs to be charged. Its that simple. Works both ways.

[/quote']

Dear Cradle Resident. I will announce the incident on the Radio Network tonight, and hopefully more info will flow. Obvoiusly I will handle the issue very carefully, and get all the facts and figures first. It will be a great awareness point, and I believe the Cradle Residents will be very supportive to everyone's advantage. However unless the Cyclist comes forward it will only remain an awareness campaign, however that still has its merits.

Regards Trevor.

Thanks for the info Trevor.

Hope the cyclist is OK.

It seems like things are changing for the good in the Cradle area. I hope that future interactions can continue to improve as is happening here. It is great that cyclists and Cradle Residents are putting aside their differences. Trevor, as a cyclist I personally appreciate your and other residents efforts in instances such as the one you posted in this thread. I feel that I can cycle with reasonable safety.

This is all very positive. We have to give credit where it is due and we have to, as cyclists, play our part and ride responsibly.

Well done and "big ups" to Mr Ples for posting this thread and also to Cradleresident for the positive way this is being approached.

Cradleresident, your comment about "Works both ways" is welcomed by me. Not that I mean a whole lot, just giving credit where it is due.

Another echo from me to the "I hope the cyclist is alright" sentiment.
Gasping2010-01-25 04:37:05

Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 12:31 PM
To: 'Giovanni. Mottalini'
Subject: Cyclist in Hit and Run 24/1/2010
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi Giovanni

The following report was posted on the Hub yesterday by Trevor, Garth has asked for our assistance in tracing the cyclist involved to get more details as they believe they may have a registration number of the vehicle.

Can you ask your people to send out a request to the clubs to contact CGC if they know who was involved in the incident. Can you then please pass the information onto Garth if anyone comes forward.

It is a positive move on the part of the Cradle residents and I think we should support them.

Thanks

Ian

Report:

News Flash: Our 24/7 National Incident Centre (NIC) received a report by 2way radio this morning from a Cradle Resident who Reported: At 09h25 Sunday 24/01/2010 whilst travelling south on the Beyers Naude Drive close to Zwartkops, a Silver 240 e Merc passed some Cyclists riding single file. A cyclists was seen going down in what seemed to be a 'Hit and Run'. Our Eye witness saw the cyclist fall, get bachk on their feet and move to the side of the road. Unfortunately our Cradle Resident could not stop to gather further info, however made our office aware of the incident.

In the interests of ensuring the safety of all road users, we The Cradle Residents are keen to find out who the cyclist is, and their state of health, and possibly assisting in supplying accurate information to address this incident.

We also request, that positive intervention and comment flow from this posting. We look forward to engaging with 'Organised Cycling' on this matter, and hope all who access the Cradle area will be equally proactive
Regards Trevor

Link to Hub thread: https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=74295&PN=1

Well done Jacko & Ianj.

This is working so well I am almost tempted to break into a weak rendition Ebony & Ivory.

Jokes aside - nice to see people working together toward a common goal.

Well done Jacko & Ianj.

This is working so well I am almost tempted to break into a weak rendition Ebony & Ivory.

Jokes aside - nice to see people working together toward a common goal.

+1 Clap