Tire liners on a Road bike.

Gman1834

Some guys put slime in the tubes. I am a bit of a purist and therefore carry a spare tube and bomb.

THe best is to buy a good training tyre. Say a Zafiro or conti gaters, or michilin megnuim.

Check the tyre regularly for glass and wear. MAny flats occur when glass is embedded in the tyre or the rubber is simply very thin.

Keep your race pro's ext for race day. (I have however got many miles on the Michilin Race pro's though).

And carry a spare tube and bomb

SeanMort' date=' I also use UltraSports now so I know how they compare to lets say Conti's Force and Attacks, the UltraSport tyre are HARD compared to the more expensive tyres, trust me on that.[/quote']

Completely. Ultrasports have some of the hardest, thickest rubber of any tyres available. They work great on the trainer too, for that exact reason.

gators are more than good enough' date=' how many punctures do you get on an ave 1000kms, if its one or two, don't worry about it

[/quote']

but with softer tyres, you;ll get a lot - eg Diamante Pro Lite - have one relative new one lying at home. I don't use it because it punctures very easilyDead

Just something i noticed at the Kremertart, with new ultagators (small and big arrow) which way does the tyre fit or does it not matter. I saw some bikes fitted small arrow direction 1st others big arrow direction and even some where the front and back were different.