LOOK 586 Mondrian

Mr LOOK

This bike belong to one of our lucky fellow hubbers. What do you guys think?

http://1.1.1.3/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/uploads2/20100126_065949_586.jpg

Wow, those handlebars are huuuuuge!  I bet that's where half the weight on this bike sits.  Why such a big drop in height?

reminds me of that citi golf advert on the aircraft carrier..... red' date=' yellow, blue NOT green[/quote']

Looks like a Studio Line hair gel ad from the 80s.

OK, time for an art history lesson guys:  The famous red/yellow/blue squares "borrowed" by Look, Citi Golf and Studio Line actually comes from very famous paintings by Piet Mondriaan, a Dutch artist who painted these in the ealy 20th century.  Timeless art...

The bars used was LOOK's EDH bars, the angle of the  photo puts it a bit out of proportion. Willehond....this bike is really true art. The colors are painted in such a way that it blends with the shape of the tubing....really awesome.

Using Mondriaan's striking designs is quite clever, but I'm waiting for a bold manufacturer to pick Damian Hirst's designs.  Can't wait for bike-in-bed or bike-sections-in-formaldehyde or a completely diamond encrusted frame. 

Oh hang on, it's been done already.  Except, using real butterflies to cover your bike isn't quite a mass manufacturing technique.  Mondriaans sounds like a good option after all.

Using Mondriaan's striking designs is quite clever' date=' but I'm waiting for a bold manufacturer to pick Damian Hirst's designs.? Can't wait for bike-in-bed or bike-sections-in-formaldehyde or a completely diamond encrusted frame.?

?

Oh hang on, it's been done already.? Except, using real butterflies to cover your bike isn't quite a mass manufacturing technique.? Mondriaans sounds like a good option after all.
[/quote']

I can make a Salvador Dali version. Just give me a carbon bike and a blowtorch.

http://www.hull.ac.uk/php/sbswdr/ecompastwork/0809/xstudentsites0809/80_325059/about/salvadordali.jpg

Using Mondriaan's striking designs is quite clever' date=' but I'm waiting for a bold manufacturer to pick Damian Hirst's designs.  Can't wait for bike-in-bed or bike-sections-in-formaldehyde or a completely diamond encrusted frame. 

Oh hang on, it's been done already.  Except, using real butterflies to cover your bike isn't quite a mass manufacturing technique.  Mondriaans sounds like a good option after all.
[/quote']

http://www.hull.ac.uk/php/sbswdr/ecompastwork/0809/xstudentsites0809/80_325059/about/salvadordali.jpg

I think you'll find aluminium and steel to be much more pliable and lends itself much better to the blowtorch warping...

Clearly a Dali bike would be so incredibly surrealistic it would make time stand still and that's how you would win!

Using Mondriaan's striking designs is quite clever' date=' but I'm waiting for a bold manufacturer to pick Damian Hirst's designs.  Can't wait for bike-in-bed or bike-sections-in-formaldehyde or a completely diamond encrusted frame. 

[/quote']

They can call the colour scheme PINK FLOYD