What do carry with you for punctures?

capeofstorms

I usually carry:

- Multitool with tyre levers

- Pump

- 1 or 2 tubes depending on where I'm riding and who'll be around to fetch me if it all goes tits up.

After my last puncture I'm also wondering if I should carry a pair of pliers. It took me less than five minutes to actually change and reinflate the tube. Unfortunately, it took almost 10 minutes trying to get the damn little piece of wire that caused the problem out of my tyre.

I now carry a small pliers in my saddle bag. I tried to loosen my valve once and it was stuck from slime, it took me 15 minutes, gave me blisters and made me de moer-in deluxe. I bough a small "leatherman" thinggie that had a pliers, and have used it more than my multi toll already. Well worth buying for your bag.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a race I'll carry 2 tubes, 2 bombs, levers and pump. If you puncture a 3rd time in a road race its pretty much game over.

I carry a spare tube, pump, 1 bomb, levers, multitool, tire patch, chain link and a McGyver knife....LOL

I used to puncture up to 4 times in one training session. Carried 3 tubes and 4 bombs on my road bike. Then decided to put stans in my tubes, problem solved.

On the MTB 2bliss, but carry a slime tube and multi tool and big air just in case.Schwynn2010-01-29 09:05:33

a tip a friend once gave me: if you puncture more than once on a ride and quite often, buy a new tyre (gatorskins work the best i've found). Also always make sure you've pumped your road tyre to the max pressure.

Always train fully weighted ! Saddle bag - 2 tubes - 3bombs - levers - puncture kit - multitool- medical spec tube - 2 full water bottles & a camera ! With my mates - a ride go's from 2 hours to 4 hours on a wim !!! Race day - trim the sails !! Tongue