Alternative cycle route - Table View -> Town

Sequoia

I'm thinking of getting back into the commuting thing. A couple of years back, I used to cycle to work in Rondebosch, but now I work in Town. I know a couple of you are riding in, so what do you do with Marine Drive being in the state it is in? Do you take the alternative route, or just take your chances?

Guest colonel

After the Paddocks hang a left at the next road then run that adjacent to the woodbridge Island road then you come out at the PaardenEiland bride and you go from there.

We commute on a regular basis from Table View to Town on an XC type commute to work.

Bring a MTB with tyre liners and we will show you a fun and safe way to get to work.

Leave TV at 6am and expect +- 1 1/2 hours in the saddle. Same route back home again.

If you are a pure roadie I can help you make contact with guys on roadbikes who also do this commute.

yep, see a regular set of guys coming along marine drive early in the morning. There is this oldish thickset chaps that reminds me of that hubber working in angola (4got his name now)..

yep' date=' see a regular set of guys coming along marine drive early in the morning. There is this oldish thickset chaps that reminds me of that hubber working in angola (4got his name now).. [/quote']

Hope you not talking about me Shocked

yep' date=' see a regular set of guys coming along marine drive early in the morning. There is this oldish thickset chaps that reminds me of that hubber working in angola (4got his name now).. [/quote']

If he has a light on his helmet that will be Bernie, going to Town.

He owns Soloped Cycles, he always cycles in to work.

Good shop,  decent  prices.

you should thank cytomax Leet22.. he just saved you smiley17.gif

It will be nice to be able to recognise all the bikers, OK, all the hubbers that commute into to Town.

20100130_050553_K.O.M..jpg

?

It will be nice to be able to recognise all the bikers' date='?OK, all the hubbers that commute into to Town.

?

[/quote']

funny, you look like a bike, unless of course the you are the one riding the bike not lying beside the road on marine drive bleeding from a hijacking gone right.. hmmm... I'll be sure to wave..

Wish i could commute though. ?just a tad too far with a rig that's not exactly geared for normal riding..

It will be nice to be able to recognise all the bikers' date=' OK, all the hubbers that commute into to Town.

[/quote']

funny, you look like a bike, unless of course the you are the one riding the bike not lying beside the road on marine drive bleeding from a hijacking gone right.. hmmm... I'll be sure to wave..

Wish i could commute though.  just a tad too far with a rig that's not exactly geared for normal riding..

Well nobody will recognise each other off the bike, As we are always wearing a helmet. Just easier to notice the bike.Wink